2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to Rollover Pass and saw lots of birds working the surf just east of there. Drove down and saw tons of small splashes in the surf. I threw a diamond jig in and started ripping it through the water. I was snagging BIG shad on every cast. I kept some of those and cut each one into 3 pieces. Out of 12 baits I landed 10 big gafftops. I had fish on the other 2, they just came off. A guy just down from me fishing the same way landed a nice bull red.

·
Rain Rain Go AWAY
1,180 Posts
Me too

activescrape said:
Went out to Rollover Pass and saw lots of birds working the surf just east of there. Drove down and saw tons of small splashes in the surf. I threw a diamond jig in and started ripping it through the water. I was snagging BIG shad on every cast. I kept some of those and cut each one into 3 pieces. Out of 12 baits I landed 10 big gafftops. I had fish on the other 2, they just came off. A guy just down from me fishing the same way landed a nice bull red.
Man, every cast I snagged big shad there...Must have snagged atleast 10shad in a hour, caught a couple of sandies and left to a different spot in the bay. Caught about 8 keeper trout and 3 flounder.

Peace.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Hey active, thanks for the great report, i have been wanting to hear the latest about Roll Over Pass here in the Forum. My wife and I plan on going down there this weekend coming up the 15th to try our share. I will be going there for the wading and night fishing too. Can you tell me hows the water clarity there. Is there seaweed still lingering in the water or has it cleared up? Last time I heared it was clearing up..........so is it true? Again, thanks in advance for the report.

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, there was a storm blowing some nice waves in to shore so the clarity wasn't too good and there was quite a bit of seaweed there too, but it was manageable. One guy fishing close to me said he has been catching lots of blacktips there too. I only fished for about 45 minutes and caught 10. If I had had more time I really believe I could have caught a bull red or two, and who knows what else.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Rollover??

Going to Crystal Beach for our yearly family trip this weekend for a week. Never caught much in the surf in front fo the beach house. Thought about trying the surf around Rollover Pass. Any suggestions about fishing this area? How about Boliver Pocket? Any info on fishing Boliver Peninsula.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
i also fished rollover sat morning. waded the bay side early with ,live croaker. bait was everywhere and fish were hitting the pods hard. i throw everything i had and couldnt get a hook up. finally had two 2-3ft blacktips swim about 5 ft from me so i decided to head to the surf. fished between the piers. soon as i got there i throw the cast net and caught 2 small specs, quickly got them back in the water and grabbed my trout rod. shad was so thick it was impossible to throw lures so i fished live bait and sure enough the pup sharks were there. decided to set the big rods out and caught gafftop after gaafftop. finally caught a 40in bull red and that was a bout it. overall a good fun day of fishing, i just wiosh i could get on the trout!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts