2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the surf at rollover pass this am, Sunday 23. Tons of bait busting everywhere. Caught sand troout at will on gulp new penny shrimp. Changed to topwater when I saw smacks clearing the water. Nada. Changed to a silver/black rattletrap and it was almost every cast, sand trout, specks, smacks until I just got tired of it. Daybreak till 9 am.

Attachments

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I waded out chest deep and threw out as far as I could but lots of the hits were close to me. Forgot to mention I saw two sharks jump over by where everyone wades out on the surf side of the pass. My guess is they got hooked by the trout fishermen or they were attacking floaters released by them. Makes you think.

·
Banned
325 Posts
Hey Active, nice report and thank you. Wish I was there too. Looking at the background the water looks nice and clean from seaweed. Was the water clarity that clear or dirty? I plan on going out there next weekend with a buddy of mine to get our share and for the night fishin too. I was told that there will be 4 tide movements too. Thanks again!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts