2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, how's the fishing at rollover pass? Never been before and was thinking about heading down Thursday night through Friday afternoon. Any info is appreciated.

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
There are a lot of different situations for fishing rollover pass. And this time of year the heat plays a big roll in what type of fishing you do. There is good wade fishing on the bay side and if the surf is calm, you can also wade on the gulf side. You can also soak dead bait in the cut for croakers, reds if they are there, and also for the ever so popular catfish (hardheads). these are all daylight situations. I prefer fishing rollover at night in the cut with my generator and lights. best times are when you have four tides. you can really rip some specks. I will make a few trips to rollover in the spring and early summer months...... BUT the fall is the time to go. sept, oct, and november. everything is biting then. My wife and I go and camp out there in the fall but only during the weekdays because weekends, its to crowded. one last tip if you are ever fishing over night at rollover especially in the fall, just before sunrise move to the surf and fish the beach right next to the cut, get some large cut bait out (mullet shad cut croaker) and the bull reds will give you some awfull memories. try and cast just beyond the last wood pylong. let us know how thing went.

·
Banned
2,070 Posts
To far of a drive for me. Ill just stick to what works for me and thats sept oct nov.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts