2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody make a rod holder that you can wear to hold another rod. Not like a wading belt or even a donut with a rod holder. Just a rod holder sling maybe.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exactly! I can probably make one but it will look like ****! I want to be able to carry 2 poles but I dont want to pay for a $100 wadeaid when I already have a norris bay pack which carrys everything I need except an extra rod.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
exactly you can stitch to pieces of velcro on a backpack....insert PVC rod holder and VIOLA. OR simply get a neoprene gun sling from Walmart. Make a loop with the bottom strap and slide the rod butt into it. It will come to rest just below your reel. Then take the top add a velcro tie strap..(like the ones you see for ropes) and strap it just above one of the rod eyes. Works great. I did a simple test about 2 mintues ago to make sure it will work. Works great!

·
Kayak Fisher
7,566 Posts
Bug_Power said:
exactly you can stitch to pieces of velcro on a backpack....insert PVC rod holder and VIOLA. OR simply get a neoprene gun sling from Walmart. Make a loop with the bottom strap and slide the rod butt into it. It will come to rest just below your reel. Then take the top add a velcro tie strap..(like the ones you see for ropes) and strap it just above one of the rod eyes. Works great. I did a simple test about 2 mintues ago to make sure it will work. Works great!
Do you have a digital camera? Could you post up a photo of what you're talking about? Preferably both methods if you can. I have some backpacks but no gun holders.

Thanks. I perhaps could use something like this on my kayak.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Mrs Backlasher said:
Do you have a digital camera? Could you post up a photo of what you're talking about? Preferably both methods if you can. I have some backpacks but no gun holders.

Thanks. I perhaps could use something like this on my kayak.
Grabbed my stuff...got it all rigged up....batteries are dead in the digicam. So off I went to photoshop for 10 mintues :) Here's my best attempt at showing you the neoprene guns sling rigged. On the bottom there is a adjustment, just like a backpack to adjust the length...well there's a loop on the end. Just slide the adjuster down so the rod butt fits through, but the reel will catch on it. Next take a velco tie-down run it through the top loop on the sling and wrap it around the rod.... easy quick and cheap.

Attachments

·
yakfisher
805 Posts
that one backpack with the two rod holders would work freakin great with a camel pack! i am gonna have to try that right there...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Rod holder

The best holder I found is a floating basket. Keeps fish alive, holds net,extra rod and if set up right, a bologna sandwitch and coozie for your beer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts