2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Deadeye McGee
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going this weekend (from Thursday to Monday) to fill the feeders, sight in rifles, do minor repairs, set a game cam, etc. one last time before the fall whitetail and turkey season starts. I will also try to bag the nice Axis buck that I've been watching now for over a year! Good luck fellow-hunters, Sean, BB, etc. and happy trails to you!!!!

P.S.-I just made a pot of Axis stew, boy it's good, especially with a flour tortilla wrap, an Axis taquito!!!!!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Good luck and be careful Steve. I am trying to arrange my schedule to make a Fri-Mon run to both leases. With moving and the storm, I have not been to either lease since July 4th weekend. I know all of my feeders are out, and no game cams out. We have more and more axis on our place, I may take a moment to see if I can score one of those. We still need to run at least one more spotlight survey, once that is done I can get our tags and get ready for the season. Can't wait for season, I sure do need a break!
C ya.
BB

·
Certified Bile Spewer
1,398 Posts
Hey there Steve,
Have a great trip this weekend. I was at our place this past weekend to get the feeders going, check the game cam, and get another one set up. Labor Day weekend I placed an old, refurbished hanging feeder (out of the cattle's reach) so I've got a month of pictures, nothing to write home about. The good news is that the cattle are finally off the place for deer season so our feeders can only get rolled by hogs. :)

Still real green up that way. Hopefully they'll mow along Hwy. 41 soon. The only buck I killed last season was with my Tahoe on that stretch of highway. Don't want to kill another one that way this season.

Attachments

·
Headhunter...Fishhunter.. .Deerhunter...
1,586 Posts
Great pics.. looks like a lot of Meat!

·
Deadeye McGee
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rs

Thanks for the replies! Sean, the place looks nice and you do have a lot of game and a good variety. Those Axis are a good bonus! Good luck in the upcoming season, be careful and enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts