2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got down here and was needing to know what the water looks like for in the morring. I am staying near Palm Harbor but will trailer the boat to another place if any better water.

Thanks Redfish Bob

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Aransas Bay should be fairly muddy. The south shoreline along St Joe and inside Mudd should be okay. I did find good water in Redfish Bay and Estes Flats. Also go try the spoil banks near Ingleside. I have a friend that caught full limits on croaks Sat. Have fun. Be careful crossing Aransas Bay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fished last thursday water on the south tip of mud was very good and so was traylor but anything north of mud island was pretty much fresh water. Find birds working and you'll find fish. good luck

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
Hey Bob,

Did you find any fish? How is the water?

Thanks!
Aggieangler

·
Sky Liver Eatin nujaC
909 Posts
I have had a Web cam set up over looking Palm Harbour for about 6 months now out to trailor Island. Lets me day dream while at work, over here in houston area.
www.tripleboutdoors.com

As for the area, estes looked real good yesterday but wind white capped the area by the after noon., typlical early summer pattern. But Id rather fish with wind anyway than with out the wind.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
Thanks Hog!

I bookmarked your site and registered so I can post on the forums. Cool webpage and I am gonna hit that webcam alot!

Aggieangler

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rockport-Baffin

Fished all over the place from Rockport to Baffin and did ok. Since I was down there for the Saturday CCA Tournament I did not stay long in any spot. Fished Mud on Wednesday and there was little to offer so move father up and just found the dinks and lost a few at the net. Thursday fished upper Laguna and found Reds behind South Bird Island we had 6 Reds between 21 and 27 1/2 and one small trout. Moved to the spoils and only found little 16-inch trout. Fished a few other spot and did not find anything. Friday fished same area but left the Reds alone and had 4 trout to 20 and a ton of dinks. Saturday was the tournament and we had 8 Trout and could not get the Reds because of all the boat Traffic and wind was bad all day. Drove all the way to the land cut and waded a spot with a ton of bait but no fish. After seen these guy Fish Crocker in Baffin for 3 day we went there today Sunday and did not get Crocker but did pick up a few nice fish biggest was 21 and smallest was about 18. Would have had a limit but got a late start and our first stop had waders all over it. Most fish were caught on Top-water’s. Best bites were Black and all silver. Also caught a few on tales but they were small.

Good trip and will be bad next year now that I know Baffin better.

Redfish Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts