2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
caught lots of dinks on mudd island. although the ones that were keepers were very solid fish. only downside was that the dadgum porpoises(sp.) wouldn't leave us alone, stole fish off stringers and lines.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
backside of mudd island or bay side?
I assume you were wading if you had a stringer....throwing bait, or artificial? How was the wind?

BTW, there is no such thing as a porpoise in the Gulf of Mexico. ;) Those are Bottlenose Dolphins...yep, FLIPPER! :)

Why is it that everyone calls them porpoises? Any idea? My father does the same thing, and I've never understood it...?

Tight lines!
Shawn

·
Sky Liver Eatin nujaC
909 Posts
One of the party boats make regular stops to feed a certain porp...dolfin, you wouldnt thik this would be too bad until last year about this time, my pop and brother were out and as pop released a trout from the boat he got grabbed by the mammel. no doubt going for the trout. Kind of a wake up call wouldnt you think. we were wading Mud Island on Memorial weekend and the dolfins were with in rod reach from us. They ate every trout we through back. Im so suprised they dont get tangled in the fish line. Must be nice to have a built in sonar.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
Fish still at Mud?

Hey Guys!

I am going down tomorrow with my 85 YO Grandpa. We usually fish Mud, Traylor, Hogg, CA Hole, Estes.

Is there any logic to knowing where to get em on the back side of San Jose? We run it sometimes, but I never have figured out where to stop to catch em? Look for birds? Any help appreciated!

Has the best bite been in the mornings or still around mid-day?

Thanks,

Aggieangler

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hey Aggieangler

Any relationship to the club at TAMU in CS??? I ran it sor several years and now live in Corpus! I keep my bboat in Rockport and fish there weekly. Those dolphins are both good and bad. They will steal your fish sometimes. Other times they will tellyou where the trout are. The fish around mud have been hit or miss on any size. There have been a ouple schools of 19" trouot with the rest being smaller

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bay side,artificial(red plumb), way 2 windy, and ill rember dat on the "bottlenosed dolphins"

·
Registered
740 Posts
Back side

I know that the porpoises are bad talk to some guys who fished there Saturday and said that the porpoises would hit there fish when they were reeling them in. They said that they are very bad.

Redfish Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts