2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another question for the collective brain trust.....

The family and I will be down in Rockport (Copano Bay/Ridge Harbor Drive-rental) the first week of August and I needed to know if there was anywhere to pick up some "free" wireless service while down there. I will need to check in for work and to read about everyone else but me catching fish:):):)

I hope to bring clear skys and no rain with me!!!

Thanks,
TTUTEAL

Hailing from the northern desert of Texas; where we catch as much dust as fish.......

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
ttuteal said:
Another question for the collective brain trust.....

The family and I will be down in Rockport (Copano Bay/Ridge Harbor Drive-rental) the first week of August and I needed to know if there was anywhere to pick up some "free" wireless service while down there. I will need to check in for work and to read about everyone else but me catching fish:):):)

I hope to bring clear skys and no rain with me!!!

Thanks,
TTUTEAL

Hailing from the northern desert of Texas; where we catch as much dust as fish.......
Starbucks for sure...

I'm sure some of the newer hotels will have wi-fi as well. I believe the Starbucks looks over Little Bay Ski Basin. I'd be a nice backdrop as you post your record catch for the day...lol

·
God is great, beer is good...
507 Posts
Last Summer, although it was still only months old, Starbucks did not have wi-fi. Java Bay Cafe does for sure though. Also, Goose Island State Park has wi-fi, but you have to pay to get in there.

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,315 Posts
Pathfinder said:
Last Summer, although it was still only months old, Starbucks did not have wi-fi. Java Bay Cafe does for sure though. Also, Goose Island State Park has wi-fi, but you have to pay to get in there.
I'm shocked about Starbucks...Thanks for the info on the other spots. If Goose Island has wi-fi then I'd have no reason to leave...lol I love that place.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I believe Coastal Oaks RV Park has it. Not close to you but take Market St. North/West(?) to Hood St. just a few blocks past RV dealer. Coastal Oaks is at end of Hood.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Fresh2Salt said:
I'm shocked about Starbucks...Thanks for the info on the other spots. If Goose Island has wi-fi then I'd have no reason to leave...lol I love that place.
Starbucks has it........according to Mrs. Knot!!!
Tight Knot

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the feedback. I knew they had it at Goose Island, because the wife and I had stayed there last March and used it. I was just looking for alternative (read: cheap) areas.

That is funny you guys talking about pulling up to someone's house. My dad "steals" the signal from the neighbor when we are at our cabin in New Mexico. I have tried to explain to him that it is illegal. Talk about a role - reversal, me explaining to my dad what is illegal:)

Thanks to all!
I will be there in 9 days and counting. I will do my best to bring some of this primo west-Texas weather with me when I come....

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,668 Posts
I think that Latitudes coffee joint downtown has it too. I think I saw that on their sign.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
just drive around till u pick up a signal.. lol

alot of people leave it unlocked

1 - 15 of 15 Posts