2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past 2 weeks the Rockport weather conditions have been opposites of each other. After I think about it though, opposites attract right? Just after the June 15th report, the wind really started howling for 3 or 4 days, and we got some much needed rain which severely hampered our fishing strategies. Conditions were tough and we did not bring in many fish. But after all the ruckus and conditions calmed, we really started catching the fish again. My clients were getting their limits of trout and a few reds. I have been mainly fishing the deeper shell out in the middle of our bays using live croaker or wading the shorelines. The shorelines have been producing the bigger trout up to 28 inches, and all the red fish. Too this last week with the winds subsiding down to near nothing, I have been going to the surf. Like I said in my last report, come July the surf should be on. Well, the surf is on!! For the last 4 days now my clients have been limiting on trout and averaging 5 to 12 red fish out there by noon. What a blast for all.
Until next time,
Remember when the cards are down and the bet is called, you have your Ace in the Hole.

Check us out @ www.aceintheholeguideservice.com

Sincerely,
Capt.Brent Hopkins

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts