2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drifted California hole friday evening. Sightcast was right, the reds were thick and very picky. I worked the area until dark with numerous blow-ups and about 8 hook-ups. We lost 4 and landed 4. All were released to fight another day. Right at dark they really started tailing and it was a blast to get to sightcast to them and watch them pounce on top of it. That evening I did catch a 24' flounder on a red and white super spook jr, who'd a thunk it? BTW whats leading the star (mid-coast) flounder? Hope I didn't eat a dargel scout! On saturday morning I did the same thing but the wind was slack and the reds were tailing everywhere. I was able to pole from pod to pod and caught 12 reds from 18 to 24 inches. It was unbeliveable and I was all by myself. Totally serene. Saturday evening the wind changed direction to out of the east and they were gone. Got my fix and I'm sittin here pretty content.

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Could be a typo, but if you caught a 24' flounder and ate it, you're one big boy! Anyway, great report.

·
Banned
607 Posts
Great report, I've had some of my best trips all by myself, you almost think you'd like someone else there to share but then again its a memory you can enjoy for yourself!

·
Registered
253 Posts
The winner will receive a 17' Scout 175 SportFish with 90 hp Mercury and McClain trailer. The 1st through 4th runner-up will receive an Academy Sports & Outdoors gift certificate, plaque and "special edition" STAR runner-up cap.
LEADER: 6 lbs. 6 ozs., Debi Jackson (Austwell) - The Fishing Ctr.
Runners-Up:
  1. 6 lbs. 4 ozs., Paul Muniz (Galveston) - Gulfside Seafood $500
  2. 5 lbs. 14 ozs., John Robbins (Mission) - Jim's Pier * $250
  3. 5 lbs. 13 ozs., Greg Johnson (Dayton) - Gulfside Seafood $150
  4. 5 lbs. 6 ozs., Alvin Hollenshead (Brazoria) - Beach Bait & Tackle $100

thats for the adult flounder division

1 - 5 of 5 Posts