2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I decided to take a quick solo trip and really use the new boat for what it is good for - fishing the skinny stuff. It really paid off. It took me a while to find them, but by about 8:30 I figured it out and was sight casting to reds in shin deep water. I caught 6 or 7 nice keepers, with 3 smallish ones going on the stringer (more tender). I caught no undersize fish, which was, needless to say, very strange. All of the fish were caught wading and throwing arties. Black/chartruse Texas Red Killers, Tequila Gold Norton Bull Minnows and Pumpkinseed/Chartruse Bass Assassins all produced fish. I wouldn't have switched so much, but for some stupid reason I only put 3 of each plastic in my wading box and they kept getting torn up. I would have stuck with the TRK's if I hadn't run out, the reds were eating them and they are easier to work over the top of the grass. I can't reveal exactly where I was, but it was less than 20 min from the house here in Rockport and I was back home by 10:30!

Attachments

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,467 Posts
Nice report.....its not fair getting to go fishing in the middle of the week while I am stuck in the office lol......I will be down next week the 8th and 9th, hopefully I will find some reds as my freezer is bare of redfish on the halfshell.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,679 Posts
Nice report MM. I wish I could hit the flats on a weekday. I get that luxury about once a year! How you liking the new rig?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys, it was a nice morning. The new boat is a Tran Cat, it is awesome and I am loving it more every time I take it out. In the Pathfinder I couldn't have gotten with in a mile of where I was today. It was a great boat, but had very different strengths. As for the fishing during the week thing, I am doing it while I can. Hopefully I will be sitting in an office all week sometime in the very near future!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts