2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received over 8 inches last night and still raining. Lamar had close to 12 inches. Schools are also closed.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Received over 8 inches last night and still raining. Lamar had close to 12 inches. Schools are also closed.
Yep Capt. looks like we're going to break the drought in a 24 hour period.
I sure am not complaining. This will sweeten up the bays for a few days.
Tight Knot

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I could have almost drove a boat to work this morning. I live in the country club and my power went out about 21:00. I went out side to see who elses power was out and my rain gauge was almost full. I dumped out 5 inches at 21:15. This morning I dumped out another 4 inches at 05:30....as you know it's still raining. The weather guessors on channel 6 this morning said we could get another 3 to 6 inches today....unbelievable. More rain in one night than we have had in the last year combined.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
from the CC Caller

ROCKPORT - A storm dumped nearly a foot of rain in parts of Aransas County and will continue Friday morning, according to the National Weather Service.
The Aransas County ISD announced this morning that schools will be closed as a result of the rainfall. This message was posted on the Aransas Co. ISD Web site:
"Aransas County ISD schools will be closed Friday, Nov 20, 2009 due to weather conditions. Employees can pick up their pay checks from 10 am until noon today at central office."
The National Weather Service said 10.06 inches of rain has fallen in Rockport as of 7:30 a.m. from this storm. Flash Flood warnings have been issued for Kleberg, San Patricio and Nueces counties by the National Weather Service and a river flood warning for Aransas Co. A flood warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported; streams will rise slowly.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation Web site as of 7:45 a.m., there are no road closures in the area because of flooding. But officials warn drivers to not drive their vehicle into areas where the water covers the roadway.
A tractor trailer jackknifed on U.S. 77 about 7 a.m. and closed the highway temporarily. There was one lane closed at 7:30 a.m.
According to AEP's Web site, there are no current power outages in the Coastal Bend. At 7:30 a.m., 118 customers in Karnes County were without power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts