2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tight Lines to All!!!
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great time outside the jetties at Port A. Caught several kings, then found some spanish working under birds. Headed in when the wind picked up. No inshore fishing for us this weekend except at the dock. Did get 3 nice flunder and tons of dinks. Stayed up too late fishing the dock. Even though no keeper trout, man it is fun when you catch on every single cast!

Kings make for one heck of a fight on 10# test and Laguna trout/red rods! We did use steel leader. Fish were caught on rattle traps and catch 200. Spanish on spoons.

Attachments

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nice Fish

Nice fish and report. My buddy probaly passed you guys up. He said he couldnt catch anything under the birds so he went a few miles out. He said the water was so flat that he decided to take his 16ft skiff off shore. He came back with 4 kings and a dolphin. Thanks for posting.

Brian

·
Tight Lines to All!!!
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Believe it or not, not a sunburn there guys. I will officially submit the correction from some mexican pastry to a nice flat fish. Just now realized that I did not spell it correctly. Arlon, did you do any good this weekend?

·
Tight Lines to All!!!
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Casting and catching. Using 1 ounce rattle traps and catch 2000. We were using curado 100's with 10 lb test, steel leaders and laguna wader II's. Makes for an interesting fight with the big kings. All kings had to chased by boat to keep from running out of line. The biggest 2 fought about 30 minutes each before being whipped enough to grab their tail at the boat. Will definitely take a gaff next time!

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,679 Posts
Wow...how far out from the Jetties did you have to go? Did you troll with the rattle traps or just cast em? I would love to try that on the next calm day when we feel like a run to the Port A jetties.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts