2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We spent last weekend in rockport durring the flood and couldnt find hardly any fish. I did manage to catch a limit of reds on topwater outside traylor thursday night before the bay turned to freshwater on friday. Friday we went down to Shamrock to try to find better water and only managed 3 trout and a red, with a lot of small fish. For those of you who fish rockport a lot, the "house" that sits on the north side of turtle cut in traylor island is gone. It was there thursday night and it was gone on friday morning. The roof was about 300 yards down the cut towards the ICW and I dont know where the rest of it is. So if you are there and looking fir it, its gone.

Attachments

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and....

sorry for the late report but with all the stuff going on with the site and all........

here is a pic of the red from shamrock...those fish down there are BEAUTIFUL!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Deebo....we were in Port A last weekend. On our way up there we saw there had been alot of rain and lots of pooled up water everywhere. The fields we passed were just full of water. I guess Rockport got pounded extra heavy. On our way back we passed over the nueces river at labonte park, before you get to corpus and the river was way over it's banks, the who;e park was under water. Didn't catch much but it was fun to get out that way, cuz I was dying to go fishing.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Rockport does seem to have some of the redist reds around. I've pulled a couple out of there that I swear were used to make the cca stickers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts