2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sky Liver Eatin nujaC
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plenty of red heads abound the area. Most dropoff hunts are getting thier redheads. Buffles, Bluebills, Ruddies, are what the other ducks are lately. Pintails have been far in between, but I expect that to change when the water gets back down to normal levels. Some Teal dropped in on one group, As well as a widgeon here and there.

Looking Forward to lower tides.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Dang Jason, sure seems like quite a few of your customers seem to be getting ticketed from the game wardens. Don't you tell em they gotta have a license! :p

·
Sky Liver Eatin nujaC
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL. its not as bad as 3 years ago... Of all the drop off groups Ive taken out this year so far, only 2 tickets have been written on , One No hunter ED, and the other a extra redHEad...

but thats how it goes, its hunting, we hunt birds, the GW hunts us.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I'm with you on the tides Jason. We had trouble finding places to hunt where the 3 foot lines would touch. Every single bird Beaux retrieved he had to swim for... and having his feet wrapped in duct tape made for tough swimming. Glad that we only had 3 guys on Saturday, because I was about to have to end the hunt for him.

Tons of redheads and strong bluebill numbers mixed in if you could make the ID in the fog. Puddlers were thin with the tides up, but there were some around on Saturday if you were patient. On Sunday nothing flew with no hunting pressure and no fishermen so we just picked at divers.

·
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!
2,697 Posts
do yall launch out of crabman marina? sure looks like it in the back ground. i hunt down there but we launch down the road

1 - 10 of 10 Posts