2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you wondermous folks give me a few suggestions for duck guides in the Rockport area.

Thanky kindly!

POG

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have hunted with all of the above and all are really good and work hard. We had a great time with Hogheaven on a hunt last year. It depends on where you want to hunt. I think Hogheaven & the Nesloney's stay south of Traylor, while Tommy & Roger are usually from St. Joe to up north.

But there are no ducks in Rockport, the hunting is really awful. You should stay around Houston or go to Port O' Connor ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
My dad and I can vouch for Roger Sherman. We've known and hunted with him for many years down in Rockport, although it's been about 5 years since our last trip, because I've been on a season lease around Houston since then with my own dog.

He's a nice fellow and we've always shot our limits from his blinds...as a matter of fact, I can't remember a hunt with him where we didn't both get our limits.

Roger also guides for fish as well and has put us on some great trout action!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Roger Sherman

Call Roger Sherman at 361-720-9404. Roger stays on the ducks and does not limit himself to a particular area and has multiple airboats. Tell him Ron sent you

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the great suggestions!

Hey MiloMaster.........I know ALL about the crummy duck shootin' down there. :<) The feller I used to use moved from the area, so I'm looking to hook-up with another guide.

Thanks again, y'all!

POG

·
We all have it coming......
8,792 Posts
My brother had a real fine hunt with a guide named Brad Smythe down there last year.

Web Foot Guide Service
361-790-8354

·
Gettin' Bent
192 Posts
Rockport Hunting

I recommend Jeremy Bouillion with Goldeneye Duck Hunts doesn't over book and he stays mobile, which seems to ensure sucess. His number is 713-252-9401.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
MilosMaster said:
I have hunted with all of the above and all are really good and work hard. We had a great time with Hogheaven on a hunt last year. It depends on where you want to hunt. I think Hogheaven & the Nesloney's stay south of Traylor, while Tommy & Roger are usually from St. Joe to up north.

But there are no ducks in Rockport, the hunting is really awful. You should stay around Houston or go to Port O' Connor ;)
What MilosMaster says is true. Rockport is one of the worst areas on the coast for duck hunting. You might give POC or Port LaVaca a try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts