2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading down to Rockport this weekend and am looking for some advice on locating trout and reds. I have heard some reports of fish being caught around mud island. Also trout outside of traylor in 5 feet of water. Where is everyone catching their fish? Any help would be appreciated. Also am planning on night fishing so any green light spots would be very helpful. Especially around the jetties. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to give out your spots to everyone. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
empty shoreline

i think if you can find an empty shoreline of grass in stomach deep water, you'll find fish. the bait in the grass is perfect sized for feeding frenzies and you'll find all sorts of predators schooling through. in the past 3 weekends, i have seen huge schools of reds and black drum swimming right past me. also caught good trout. bait of choice has been limetreuse shad assassins on a 1/16 oz lead head. topwater have produced marginally early. once again, though, opt for a longer boat ride to get away from some of the crowd. on our way back to port a, we drove past alyn's bight and there wasn't any room on that shoreline to even park a boat between groups for a short wade.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Amen Boat Money! The crowds are undbearable. I have been looking for new, shallow, relatively uncharted water because the traffic is horibble. Try outside of Traylor late and early. Try in front of Ranch House on St. Joe. By then, youll see what we mean. Good Luck though.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Go talk to Slowride (Capt Dean Thomas) or post to him on the TKF board. He lives in AP and is a guide. He lives a couple of blocks passed the HEB. You'll see all the yaks on his front porch. He'll give ya the info for free if ya stop by and gab with him a while. The man has got all the info you could ever want.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
spots

It's been a couple years since I've fished Aransas Bay, but usually the shoreline of St. Joe's island around the guts and the deep holes around Long Reef produce solid fish all summer long. We usually set up with live mullet on the bottom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts