2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
D. Ferg Outdoors
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed Down to Rockport this week to get alittle fishing in with NateTxAg and Benneli Boss. The weather was beautiful and we couldn't have picked a better time to be down there. Found the Fish Monday morning early and stayed on top of them the whole week. We were fishing in 2-3 ft. of water with a sandy-grass bottom. The fish were stacked up in guts off the sand bar and several occasions we were catching trout on every cast for 45 min straight...mostly small trout but we were able to grind out some limits! Caught close to 300-350 trout through-out the whole week (5 people fishing on some days). All in all a great trip...and I now have my personal best Speck...27'' @ 7lbs! Caught all fish on Bone Diamond Sand Eels and Bone/Char Spooks!

Attachments

·
Banned
8 Posts
Thanks for sharing the photos.

I am going to Rockport this weekend myself. We are staying on Copano Bay.

Which Bays did you guys fish in?

·
D. Ferg Outdoors
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dont fish Copano thats for sure lol...too much Fresh water up in there-- our main focus was mainly on Aransas...heading towards Port A is ur best bet!! Good luck!!

·
Bird Flu Eradication Team
2,299 Posts
while we were in school at A&M a bunch of us used to do that every summer for a week. Good times. Enjoy it!

·
wastin' away again in Margaritaville
1,948 Posts
great catch guys...I'll be in Rockport this coming Thursday. I hope the ones you left have gotten their sore mouth and are ready to bite again!

Vinny

·
Registered
410 Posts
All the ones we released got immediately snatched by the dolphins. But theres tons we didnt catch. Make sure if you wade you have one of those do-nut floats/nets so your fish are safe.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Benelliboss said:
All the ones we released got immediately snatched by the dolphins. But theres tons we didnt catch. Make sure if you wade you have one of those do-nut floats/nets so your fish are safe.
If your on fish........your on dolphins. Good trip guys.
Tight Knot

·
Registered
685 Posts
There were several times when my stringer turned into a tug-o-war rope with the dolphins. I managed to pull my stringer out of the dolphin's mouth but Benelliboss lost 3 19' trout to those **** dolphins. Has anyone heard of the myth of m1000's. I hear of people doing that but i'd image i would scared all the fish away as well.

:an5:

·
D. Ferg Outdoors
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To clear of what Nate said...M1000's or M100's are firecrackers that can be thrown in the water and will make a small explotion under the water and is said to scare away the dolphins...people have said that they think it would scare the fish away as well...we have tried it once while fishing the front side of mud island last summer andd we were catching fish all day...the dolphins would come back after about 30 min but another POP and they would be gone again...has anyone else tried this or anything like it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts