2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sky Liver Eatin nujaC
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday with all the impending doom and weather cancelations, Capt. Travis, His close relative Jason, and I figure we would go out and brave the armegeddon that was supposed to happen round here. The torential floods, the cats and dogs, the perverbiale frog choaker, never came. we were awakend to calm weather and later a nice breeze.

Travis being the ever so bait purest meets up with me round Conn Brown at 630. A tad late but showed. (I brought the bait bucket too, just incase). We hit our first spot and pick up a couple, nuthing fancy, Im throwing Rootbeer red glitters, and he a Brown lure (Money Maker), Jason is letting the piggies fly. We have all this bait and only one dude chunkin it.
We leave and proced to discuss all the option this new boat has...even makes coffee and has a microwave and such.
We head out in to Aransas Bay and wade a good sand and grass drop off and put a hurting on the trout. Scarred a school of tailers, and even had a couple encounters with sumptin in the water.

Great day on the water. Yes there is two pics, Jason wanted to make sure he had proof that it took two guides to get him on trout down here. LOL

·
Registered
453 Posts
Way to go Jason! All the weather men can do is predict the weather. Thats a perfect job. If your wrong you dont get fired. Nice catch. Did you catch those in aransas bay? GODSPEED!

·
Back in da Saddle
10,149 Posts
I heard he smoked you ...any truth to that rumor???

His new Compass is a nice ride isnt it...

John

·
Sky Liver Eatin nujaC
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lets just say we all boxed our 5. I screwed a shot a several tails. but after my encounter with a denzion of the deep he sure was a little more nervous about how close his stringer was. (course my denzion was only bout 2 foot) if that.

If thats smoking me then so be it. I have no problem with admitting that Travis is a better trout fisherman than little ole me.
Now though, the issue was I was the only one who brought libation. Sacrelige amougnst many a *******.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You're killing me Jason! Should have been here yesterday, or tomorrow or whatever. What's changed that brought in the trout? Thw water looks better than it did earlier this week. Great stringer man and hope to get back down soon. Heard anything about the San Jose surf?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Thats a nice stringer of fish!! Great catch we will be heading down that way Monday morning!! Hows mud island looking like??

·
Sky Liver Eatin nujaC
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry Viper, dang weathermen, I feel I got a better chance at Holdem.
Went out today with wife and son. Havent seen so many boat on the water in a long time... wasnt a trout or croaker safe today.

we gave up with fishing for the regulars and concentrated on poor man tarpon and lesser grey marlin (ladyfish and gaftop) LOL. What was funnier was we'd set a drift on birds, get bent, hoot and holler, and boats would slow, stop and proceed to fish till they got that slimer.
we had a great time, and off the water by 9am for it got too hot.

·
there's only 1 Big Pocket
684 Posts
thanks for the post Jason. And, as far as the "smoked" term, one can not only count the fish on the stringer.

I do recall some of the other events that transpired that day. If I remember correctly, someone, who is a tradesman with the redfish was up skinny chunking topwaters, while someone else was out deeper on a drop throwing the Brown Amber (aka Money Maker).

The one up shallow could not stand it when the one out deep was setting the hook on every other cast, be it, most were of the smallish nature, but nonetheless, a fish came to hand.

Said person that was up shallow decided to proceed and "speed wade" out to the deeper water where he "potlicked" the other fisherman's area.

All in all, it was a great day on the water, with great friends.

Oh, and Jason, thanks for just flopping the stringer on the back deck to make sure and get slime all over the new ride.

Capt. Forrest

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
lol that's pretty funny Capt. Forrest. Rootbeer did the trick this afternoon in our canal. Didn't keep any fish, just pokin around waiting for dinner.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Congrats on your new rig Capt. Good to see ya'll put Jason on a few trout, I'm sure he had a blast. Good report. Sundays trout bite was outta site.
Tight Knot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts