2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Rockport on Saturday - hit Lydia Ann at 6:00, thought with the strong incoming tide that it would be good, but zip. Then headed to the Shamrock area in Corpus Christi Bay - wanted the deep water. We fished from 8:30 - 2:00 on the same shoreline, and ended up with 25 trout. 6 of us, mom using shrimp, the rest using plastics. I caught 8, 4 on Tx Roach and some on 10W40. Chest deep over sand and grass. Slow but steady, caught most fish while there was a little breeze.

Cruising down ICW at 30 mph, around 5:30 in the morning, I see something come flying at me and get tangled in the rods in the center console. Looks like a bird or something, so I get a flashlight and see that it is a bat. It was biting on to the rod and holding on. I guess it bit the first thing it hit. It let go after a few minutes. I am glad that it didn't hit me and then take a bite. Watch for bats.

A&M '01, Cory

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,468 Posts
Good report.....we had a slow saturday until about 2 pm then limited out on reds, my trout holes didn't pay off for me saturday morning

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blue Wave

Thanks, we were fishing the Blue Wave Boat Owners Tournament out of Port A, and didn't go for reds. Those are always caught at the jetties. We didn't catch anything huge, but did weigh in a couple over 20.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts