2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished friday and saturday with lots of fish and few keepers. Friday we fished Daggers and Shamrock area caught fish pretty much all day just couldn't pull the keepers up, fished shallow, fished deep, fished shell and grass/sand. Saturday fished Dagger again, same thing small trout and reds, moved over to Allyns to be close to Half Moon and ended up running into Aggie and Bevo fishing the outside of Allyns. Drifted the deep grass off of Allyns with Bull Minnows and the wife thru Gulp shrimps under a cajun thunder. caught a mess of small trout and pulled one keeper out of there. FullBody came over to Allyns and aggie, bevo,fullbody and I ended up anchored and just talking for about 30 minutes, sharing a few cold ones had a great time. That evening I went over to Tight Knots and meet FS2 and HogHeaven enjoyed a visit with all them. Came home early sunday have the inlaws coming into town this week...oh Joy!!

·
Time to make the Donuts...
3,317 Posts
Hey WF...

I gave you a shout out over in Im Headed South's post. It was good to meet you and HogHeaven on Saturday. We need to get together and talk props. That area is very new to me and I could use some pointers.

Bob and Adeline, I appreciate your hospitality. You have a beautiful home and are just the kind of people 2cool needs. I'll be down again next week doing some honey do's and I'll give you a call.

James

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was good meeting you as well......and Especially want to thank Bob and Adeline for opening up there home to us.......I will be back down the 8th - 10th then won't be back down until Labor day unfortunately.

·
Living God's grace everyday
281 Posts
I am sorry I wasn't able to make it to meet ya'll. I got busy doing work here at the house and couldn't get away. I am down next weekend as well if anyone wants to catch up.

Steve

·
Registered
857 Posts
I tried to come and meet up with you guys at Half Moon around 12:45, but didn't see any boats together. Wading Fool, was that you fishing Half Moon around that time? I would have come and said hi, but I wasn't 100% sure it was your boat, and didn't want to run up on some random guys. I was the guy in the Turqoise Tran Cat who idled around looking lost for about 15 min.

We were breaking in the new boat this weeknd, and didn't really fish all that much. We did manage a limit of reds and a few flatties yesterday evening along the St. Joe shoreline. Water was 92+ degrees so no trout were to be found!

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't at Half Moon, AggieAngler went over there but no one showed up. You probably saw that Red 23' Haynie with the Flag painted on the back end. Mine doesn't have a t-top and is red and white. Sorry we missed you......we'll get another one put together here soon.

·
swifty
3,234 Posts
wading_fool-
thanks for the report...at least you were on the water and were fishing. We're headed that way mid August so with the water as hot as it is may be time to start fishing for reds.

swifty

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Good to see you guys over the weekend. We look forward to having another get to togather again soon. I'm fishing the Redfish Series out of Marker 37 next weekend so you won't see much of me. Adeline and I really enjoyed seeing you guys.
Tight Knot

·
Registered
108 Posts
Lots of small trout

WF - let me chime in and agree whole heartedly on the lots of fish - few keepers statement from above - that was definitely the case for our fishing on both Friday and Saturday. I even took a quick picture of one of the small guys that my buddy caught - hopefully one day it will grow up nice and big! We were trying to catch a few more keepers Saturday which meant that we could not make it over to Tight Knot's house - hopefully next time I am in Rockport I can meet you. I really enjoyed meeting Wading Fool, AggieAngler, and Bevo - really the first 3 people I have met on the water from this board.

The fishing was great - the catching was tough - but all in all it was a great weekend.

Attachments

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,652 Posts
we made it to half moon and it was 2-3 foot swells, but we didn't get there till about 1:00 PM. I am sorry for those that made the effort to get there and then we didn't get to hook up. I know that RonE made it out that way also, he was idling around and I was trying to wave him down. We stopped on Mack reef b/c I have had some luck there and there was a boat on half moon when we came in. Once again, I am not sure if it was a 2cooler boat or not, so I didn't want to barge in. Next time we need to all hang a red bandana off the console or something. That way we can find each other. Like an diot, I jumped out to wade mack reef, so it didn't help when RonE tried to clal me either.

It was good seeing WF and FB over by Allyns. We had one good drift that netted us 5 keepers on arties and shrimp. Other than that....we finished with about 9 trout for the weekend only. Like FB and WF said above, we probably caught 400 small trout over the 2 nights and 2 days we fished.

Hope we can meet up again sometime and I will try to pick a better locale if it is my idea. Sorry for the confusion fellas.

:)

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pick another color ...Red won't show up on my boat lol

hey FullBody...no wonder yall didn't catch any fish your croaker were....oh nevermind I see thats a trout now that I put my glasses on j/k man I think I caught one smaller than that, I am still wondering how he at that 4" Bull Minnow

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,652 Posts
lol...I was trying to think of something we could all find. Where to we find a yellow bandana? Walmart?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Details

I left out the details on our catch for the weekend - we used artificials only - topwaters and plastics with the Gulp shrimp taking most of the fish overall. We caught a few on the topwaters but like most everything else we caught - they were just too small. We scratched out 7 keeper trout and 1 keeper red on Friday - or should I say my fishing partner scratched out 7 keeper trout and 1 keeper red - he laid it on me this weekend. Saturday was a wash with only 1 keeper trout plus numerous throwbacks - and yes - my partner caught that keeper too.

We fished the N and S side of Mud Island, Super Flats, Quarantine shoreline, Traylor shoreline, Allyns and a long section of the shore running N from Allyns.

The further N we went, the dirtier the water became so we ended up spending most of our time down S. We had planned on running into the Cedar Bayou area but we just never made it that far N on this trip. Of course most of the good reports I am seeing now came from up N in the stained water with live bait being the key overall.

This was my 3rd trip to Rockport and the first with my boat - I am hoping that my next trip will be better on the catching side - keepers that is.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Fished north, SAB and Mesquite, on Thursday and Friday. We found little but dirty water with alot of fresh water. Fish were tough to pick up on artificials while wading grass or shell. With the exception of flounder and a few small trout, nothing to show for the effort.

·
Waterloo..Enough Said!!
1,100 Posts
It was great to meet fullbody and WF on Sat. On the water. AggieAngler and I th9ink that might be the first 2cool meeting on the water. The only thing that would have made the day better was a few more fish.

Can someone tell AggieAngler it's OK to catch trout over 15"? Judging by what he caught I think he thinks it's wrong......LOL.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Hey guys sounds like a good time was had by all sorry I missed out due to tournament.We did manage to find some trout up north over deep shell.All the fish we caught were unbelievably healthy and fat it should be a great fall .I cant wait for the cooler weather.

Michael

·
RIP HRCH Daniels Sonny Slough 05.24.2016
1,571 Posts
I was there with fullbody and indeed it was dinksville on artis, croakers would yield a few keepers.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts