2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Also if you truly believe Biden created a terrorist nation and gave them 85 billion in weapons, you are simply not paying attention. We were in Afghanistan for 20yrs, all of that equipment didnt get there in the last 7 months. The majority of the equipment was left for the Afghan military to defend themselves and their country when we left. The problem with that plan was the Afghan military laid down their weapons and decided not to fight the taliban.
Actually, most of the best weapons and equipment was brought out or blown up. They left a bunch of **** for the Afghan security force.
I read a book back when the Afghanistan war was relatively new. Can't remember the title exactly but something "Longest War." Maybe the one by Bergen. Either way, it started out telling the recent history of Afghanistan between the exit of Russia & when the Taliban took over. It was almost constant battles between rival war lords. In any battle, as soon as one side would get the upper hand, the other side would lay down their arms, surrender, then be folded into the winning side with a new allegiance to the new war lord. All of the soldiers were just carrying guns around, being pathetic, ineffective soldiers, basically because it was the best paying gig an illiterate heathen could get in that country at that point.

My nephews last couple of tours, he was training their "special forces" and he referred to them as short bus special. Illiterate, spineless cowards.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well here is what they thought should go as the next time capsule....I cringe. Supposedly there is a time capsule from 1887. They want to put a new one in with this:

A newspaper article from 1887 suggests the capsule contains Civil War memorabilia and a “picture of Lincoln lying in his coffin," although historians believe it’s doubtful the picture is an actual photograph, which would be rare and valuable.

The new time capsule to be placed Friday contains items reflective of current events, including an expired vial of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, a Black Lives Matter sticker and a photograph of a Black ballerina with her fist raised near the Lee statue during last summer’s protests in Richmond.

Lee statue base reassembled after failed time capsule search - ABC News (go.com)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know you're just trolling, but that's like saying whoremongering is something Republicans tend to partake in because Trump had sex with hookers and **** stars. Or that raping, torturing & killing young men is something Houstonians tend to do because of Dean Corll. :rolleyes:
I certainly wasn’t trolling. I truly believe Democrats are products of anal sex, and other nefarious activities.

·
Raiser of BOB White Quail
19,066 Posts
Yall keep saying George Floyd. Its Saint George Floyd! Just saying.
Taking down those statues isn't solving one dam thing.
Didn't mother nature chit on that one Saint Floyd Memorial ?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I've read your statement several times and i can't help but think there is someone on the democrat side that feels this exact way about the republican party. When are we going to realize that our elected officials are ripping us off? They are all in it together. Name another career field that pays $185k yr and within 5 yrs you're a multimillionaire? A career field that gives you lifetime benefits even when you're not employed there? They dont represent our best interest, they represent the interest of whoever pays them the most. Also if you truly believe Biden created a terrorist nation and gave them 85 billion in weapons, you are simply not paying attention. We were in Afghanistan for 20yrs, all of that equipment didnt get there in the last 7 months. The majority of the equipment was left for the Afghan military to defend themselves and their country when we left. The problem with that plan was the Afghan military laid down their weapons and decided not to fight the taliban. We had 3 presidents that could've gotten us out of Afghanistan and all 3 kicked the can down the road. BTW, Afghanistan has always been a terrorist nation, our arrogance lead us to believe we could change them. We failed just as every other nation that has tried to change them FAILED. We as a people are so much better than this but we are allowing politics and news outlets to pull us apart. The terms left and right have began defining people more than the moral makeup of a person. We better wakeup soon or history will repeat itself, there will be a civil war and the only people that will benefit are foreign nations. God help us all, we are falling for the con more and more everyday.
again, you can't look at the last 7 months under Democrat control and the whole of the Obama failed Presidency and see that it's just a Ford vs Chevy/Coke vs Pepsi discussion. The Democratic Party is OPENLY anti American and has become the face of evil in the USA. If you can't see that, you're blind. This is not your father's Democratic Party. Obama gave rise to ISIS and ignored it...after ignoring Benghazi. Clinton openly erased classified documentation that she kept on an illegal server in her basement. Their focus was a fake global warming "crisis" while the economy was in the toilet. Joe couldn't pass a basic cognitive test, won't take any press questions that aren't scripted and just created a terrorist nation and left Americans behind. There's NO President that has been so against the very ideals this country stands for. They deserve to be tried for treason. You're acting like this is a simple disagreement. If you voted for any Democrat....YOU are what's wrong with the USA today PERIOD.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Please, someone tell me one thing our Democrat President hasn't screwed since he came to office? He is a total cluster. Another Jimmy Carter.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Yall keep saying George Floyd. Its Saint George Floyd! Just saying.
Taking down those statues isn't solving one dam thing.
Didn't mother nature chit on that one Saint Floyd Memorial ?
An update on the ridiculous. The HISD Board of trustees just voted to rename the Yates high school (where Floyd played football), practice field after George Floyd. It's had Jack Yates' name on it since it was built. Jack Yates was a great man, an example of achieving the American Dream against all odds, and they're renaming that field after a domestic abusing drug addict. The news covered the vote, including statements by opponents and proponents, and those in his age group and who played with him were staunchly against renaming the field. The only people saying change the name were old ladies. Just like renaming a street at Prairie View A&M after Sandra Bland. I know 4 people who graduated from there and they were all against renaming anything "after that "female dog."

·
Registered
21 Posts
again, you can't look at the last 7 months under Democrat control and the whole of the Obama failed Presidency and see that it's just a Ford vs Chevy/Coke vs Pepsi discussion. The Democratic Party is OPENLY anti American and has become the face of evil in the USA. If you can't see that, you're blind. This is not your father's Democratic Party. Obama gave rise to ISIS and ignored it...after ignoring Benghazi. Clinton openly erased classified documentation that she kept on an illegal server in her basement. Their focus was a fake global warming "crisis" while the economy was in the toilet. Joe couldn't pass a basic cognitive test, won't take any press questions that aren't scripted and just created a terrorist nation and left Americans behind. There's NO President that has been so against the very ideals this country stands for. They deserve to be tried for treason. You're acting like this is a simple disagreement. If you voted for any Democrat....YOU are what's wrong with the USA today PERIOD.
Do you really believe that only the dems are the problem in this nation? Because I'm pretty sure a repub was in office when the nation suffered the worst recession since the great depression. I'm positive another repub was in office when covid absolutely decimated our economy in 2020. No, I'm not saying covid was the presidents fault but he admitted to playing it down because he didn't want people to panic. The playing it down led to covid spreading like wild fire and over 500K deaths. There is plenty of blame to go around and it falls at the feet of our elected officials, ALL OF THEM. If you continue to blame just one side and never see the fault in your own side, YOU are what's wrong the USA........ figured you'd like that ending. Btw, We are way off topic at this point!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Name me one thing that hasn't gone up since Biden took office? The guy can't even have a normal conversation with anyone. Inflation is going out the roof. What we have is the second coming of Jimmy Carter. Bad decision after bad decision. A true total cluster. Our border is wide open. I could go on and on. Gas prices since he took office. Etc, Etc.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am right of center to be sure but I fail to see why we should keep statues of men that were traitorous to the country we now live in. I really don't understand the love affair with Confederate generals or the flag they fought for. It is a very odd dynamic to me.
You obviously did not receive a proper education about our country at that time. People were first and foremost loyal to their state rather than federal government. The states were in fact sovereign and believed since they voluntarily joined the U.S. they could withdraw.

Robert E. Lee was a West Point graduate who finished at the top of his class and without a single demerit. He was offered command of the union army by Lincoln but refused out of loyalty to Virginia.

In no way was he a traitor.

Not your fault you weren't taught the truth as the victors write the history not truth.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
You'd be a lot cooler if you did.
426 Posts
You obviously did not receive a proper education about our country at that time. People were first and foremost loyal to their state rather than federal government. The states were in fact sovereign and believed since they voluntarily joined the U.S. they could withdraw.

Robert E. Lee was a West Point graduate who finished at the top of his class and without a single demerit. He was offered command of the union army by Lincoln but refused out of loyalty to Virginia.

In no way was he a traitor.

Not your fault you weren't taught the truth as the victors write the history not truth.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Regardless of where Lee was educated, what kind of leader he was, or where his loyalties laid, he fought to keep men enslaved and that is the highest form of evil in my mind. Does he deserve a place in history books? Of course. Does he deserve a public monument? Not if it is a constant reminder to the sons and daughters of slaves that they were once considered sub-human. This conversation has derailed a bit into an anti-left bash fest, and like I stated before, I support 99% of the conservative sentiment here, but I think the left is correct in this instance.

·
Premium Member
15,875 Posts
The left were the slave owners and are still the racists. Of course they want all reminders removed and history rewritten.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Because I'm pretty sure a repub was in office when the nation suffered the worst recession since the great depression. I'm positive another repub was in office when covid absolutely decimated our economy in 2020.
So the sitting president caused it?? How did it affect your life?? I was smart about it and used it to almost double my retirement account.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So the sitting president caused it?? How did it affect your life?? I was smart about it and used it to almost double my retirement account.
Not at all but photofishin blames everything wrong with the nation on dems. I was just pointing out when things go wrong its not always a dem in charge.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 · (Edited)
The left were the slave owners and are still the racists. Of course they want all reminders removed and history rewritten.
Thats some of the silliest chit I have ever heard. Don’t you think? Maybe the party’s have changed a bit in 160 years? I don’t think the Southern Democrats were real concerned with the Black Lives Matter movement in 1860? I know you are brighter than than. Straight up intellectual dishonesty.
We have no control of history, but we can control who we honor. That’s just silly AF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 93 Posts