Raceway Dec. 5th -7th.
Flyer coming soon.

·
Hot Bodies Hara D8/D8E/D8T
669 Posts
ROAR Region 9 Off-Road Nitro Regionals will be held at Gulf Coast
Raceway Dec. 5th -7th.
Flyer coming soon.
How do you sign up for this event? Do I call Mike's directly, is there a entry form that needs to be filled up and mail. Any info greatly appreciated as this seems to look like alot of fun.

·
RadioPost | Wolfpack GraFX | UpgradeRC
164 Posts
Is there any way of knowing if the Year membership is worth buying? If there will actually be a ROAR series next year, it would be worth it... but if not... :confused:

·
164 Posts
It is. But if there isnt a ROAR series in TX next year, I'll just buy the weekend membership.

·
Legend
453 Posts
There will be region 9 races every year if there is a track wanting to host the event. The question is, are you going to race more than one ROAR sanctioned race a year. I do believe they offer a one event membership (or at least they use to).

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys, please don't forget to put your names on the flyer, when I made them up i forgot that lil detail...lol...Also, Jeff at Mikes has also said that an elec. 1/8th buggy and truggy class will be available for this event if enough show.....
Steve, it is all depending on if you plan to race more than 1 ROAR sanctioned race in a year. I think getting the yearly membership is worth it. But the single event membership is 15.00 dollars at the track and I think a year membership is 25-30 dollars....don't quote me on that though...
We have big plans for next year at Mikes next year.

·
164 Posts
Well if I buy the $30 yearly membership now... I'm good for this ROAR race on Dec 6/7, but it will already be expired by the same time December 2009.. lol

Will you run more than 1 ROAR sanctioned race in a year?
Will there BE more than 1 ROAR sanctioned race (in Texas) next year?

See what I'm sayin? :confused: :eek:hwell:

·
Legend
453 Posts
It depends on what classes you run. There will most likely always be a ROAR Region 9 fuel and electric championship next year if there is a track willing to host it (I am sure there will be). If the Nationals are held in Texas next year that is another ROAR race you can run. Really it is the luck of the draw on race dates, the regionals will be held Dec. 6-7 this year but next year they might be held in the middle of November. There is no way to tell if you buy the membership now if it will cover this race next year.

I am not sure but I believe that you have to have the full ROAR membership to race the nationals. Do not quote me on this, I believe when I ran the electric nationals many years ago I had to get the full membership.

·
164 Posts
Paul - would you be able to check with Mikes sometime to make sure my entry form/fee got there? Thanks

Also.. I get the weekend ROAR membership when I get to the track right?

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Paul - would you be able to check with Mikes sometime to make sure my entry form/fee got there? Thanks

Also.. I get the weekend ROAR membership when I get to the track right?
Yes sir i will check for ya or you can call Jeff 281-577-8250
Yes you can get a weekend membership at the track...
BTW, track is ready for some action......

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
I was there today, and it looks awesome! Big thanks to Paul for putting it together, he does it all by himself.

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was there today, and it looks awesome! Big thanks to Paul for putting it together, he does it all by himself.
Thanks Nik, but I try and get the track done for everyone....i hope it works ok in 1 section....we will have to see, if not. it will be an easy fix....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts