2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hum. I was checking out the ROAR site and on 1/8th Elec buggy it said we have to have gear covers??? this was absent for the 1/8th gas buggies but definitely there for electric.

Then the Traxxas veleron Brushless was not on the approved list for mod motors. sorta surprising but ****.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Everyone better check the ROAR rules for their classes. There are 2 Short Course classes offered on RC Signup. Be aware that the SC Spec class means either 27T Stock or 17.5 BL, 6-cell NiMh or 2S LiPo, and any SC tire, but tire can't be siped. In other words, a RTR SC10 or Stock Slash would actually have to run in the Mod class, not Spec. You'd have to put 17T in it to run Spec.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep and Losi truck is illegal size for stock i hear too. I called the Texas ROAR race director he says Corr Open class is exhibitional and might not have some typical roar rules apply such as motors and car size. But proper ROAR approved batteries will be a must in the open class for safety. He will get back with me on details and i'll post.

As for 1/8th electric motor covers. since it is not exposed like a 1/10th rear mounted motor and they are typically covered by a diff mount and the body, we wont have to worry about actually getting or making a "gear Cover" pheww.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Carp, my post should say "have to add 27T...", not 17T. Won't let me edit.

Jason, that's interesting. Supposedly the 4wd is going to be split and have an "exhibition" class, precisely b/c there are a lot of people w/o ROAR legal batteries. So why ROAR batts in one exhibition class and not in another?

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well he said Batteries are required to be on list at this event because it is a safety issue and they have insurance concerns attached to their races.

1/8 buggy tires are not legal for Stock coor (stock slash tires are perfect match) and yes the losi strike is over the stock required dimensions in size and thus illegal for stock coor. infact the dimensions for corr stock are almost a perfect match to a slash. Open CORR class is exhibition and i'll get confirmation that if anything goes there.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I'm just the messenger. Doesn't matter to me, I have plenty of 27T and I'm running Spec. I haven't understood from the beginning why they said soft LiPo would be legal for 4wd classes but not others if the soft cases are a safety concern. But, you can read it in the link above. It would be nice if Steve could wrtie up the rules for the exhibition classes so people can make sure they meet them.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well steve said the exhibition class was the baby of the hosting track and if they dont have that class in roar rule book its largely up to the hosting track. He said batteries were his main concern with the exhibition classes. But, we will see when he calls me back.

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Steve always has had issues with batteries. Earl and I tried to run an 1/8 "Exhibition" class at the regionals last year, and he wouldn't let us because we didn't have ROAR legal batteries. Now I understand ROAR has/had an 1/8 electric championship race this year where they had an exhibition class where you could run whatever configuration lipos you want. Maybe he will let us do that here with the open corr class?

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
Just read the thread the Chris posted a link to, and what it looks like is that in the 1/8th electric, and open corr classes we will be able to run batteries that aren't ROAR legal. If that is true, I'm in!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
That's what I'm saying, but what Jason posted after talking to him is different (at least with respect to Open CORR). I hope they open it up, would like to see a big race.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok here is the deal. Just got off the phone with Jeremy at Mikes and Steve with ROAR and:

For any class that there is enough people they will offer a non-ROAR exhibition / demo class that you can run what ever, motors, car spec, tires etc. This Exhibition class will not count towards ROAR standings though but act as a separate class. Exhibition or Not you still have to get ROAR 1-time or annual membership for insurance purposes with ROAR. Exhibition or Regular racing DOES require hard case ROAR approved packs in ALL class with the exception of 1/8 Buggy/Truggy Exibition classes only, since at the moment they acknowledge that there are not alot of "legal" 4s batteries out there. So, Bring your soft packs and run 1/8 exhibition guys! ALL racers must use Lipo charging sacks (both roar and mikes want this).

CORR open is exhibition /demo too so run what you brung tire, motor, car wise but yes like i said above that class needs ROAR approved hardcases since it is Roar event and there are tones of 2s approved packs on the market.

ROAR rules will apply for any class that ROAR has rules for in their rule book, so check them out at: http://www.roarracing.com/rules.php Stock CORR rules do apply so look them up and make sure your legal or your running in CORR open exhibition/demo class with all the other frankenstein cars.

·
Registered
272 Posts
On the Stock corr class, the Traxxas stock motor will be legal. It says it is a 12 turn but it is a 550 size motor, the rest of them are 540 which has a smaller armature. In other words if you have a stock corr truck you will be aloud to race with what you have! Stock Corr Trucks

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On the Stock corr class, the Traxxas stock motor will be legal. It says it is a 12 turn but it is a 550 size motor, the rest of them are 540 which has a smaller armature. In other words if you have a stock corr truck you will be aloud to race with what you have! Stock Corr Trucks
It will be legal ROAR stock class or stock exhibition class?

·
Registered
272 Posts
A Roar stock 27 turn motor is faster than the rtr motors, just a little bit though, the roar stock motors are race motors . What i am trying to say is you can race the stock corr trucks in the roar class they way they come out of the box, It will still come down to driving more than who has the fastest motor!

·
Paul Schulz
1,798 Posts
A Roar stock 27 turn motor is faster than the rtr motors, just a little bit though, the roar stock motors are race motors . What i am trying to say is you can race the stock corr trucks in the roar class they way they come out of the box, It will still come down to driving more than who has the fastest motor!

^
Well Thanks Jeremy, now my motor will do me no good...lol

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Just to clarify, you're saying the stock Slash motor will be allowed in the Corr Spec class? Is that just for the Slash? What about the RTR Sc10 motor? Billed as a 17T, but I have 27T motors that will pull it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts