2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everyone here turn in your pump gas receipts for road tax rebates to trhe state comptrollers office? The form is avail. online thru the state. Makes a nice end of year rebate check.

I never quite figured out why harbor gas is higher if it doesnt have the road tax?

·
NRA LIFER
3,209 Posts
CoastalOutfitters said:
Does everyone here turn in your pump gas receipts for road tax rebates to trhe state comptrollers office? The form is avail. online thru the state. Makes a nice end of year rebate check.

I never quite figured out why harbor gas is higher if it doesnt have the road tax?
It has the tax just like any other station. They charge more 'cause they can !

Bob

·
Registered
307 Posts
When is the proper time to submit the forms and reciepts? End of year, with income tax filings, or whenever convenient? This will be the first time I will submit.

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i remember, it can be filed quarterly, but i do it year end.

Keep a heavy manila envelope in the back of your truck seat cause the little receipts are shure easy to lose and make sure they have a date and address on them.
then make copies cause often the heat type printers fade quickly.

This is a state rebate , so not related to the Fed 1040, unless you are claiming it for a
business too.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
ON the water gas is more expensive because they have to pay a tax to tpwd (I herd), and because they can.

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
They also have to carry a 1 million dollar bond to be able to sell gas on the water.

·
Say "when"
7,266 Posts
the way it ought to be

there should be no highway taxes, state or federal on marina gas. Marina gas pumps should be located/barricaded so as to prevent filling automobiles from them...and that should be illegal. Instead a smaller tax should be included to be used for marinas, channels, nav markers, boat ramps etc

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
cOASTAL OUTFITTERS

The gas at fuel docks has road tax in it. You can run your tab to the state for a year at a time beginning in any month. If you go beyond a year they will knock off the extra months. You can go like August to August or any months just dont exceed a year. Keep all your reciepts cause they will want them. I had to provide them on the first submission and one time later. They sent someone by to see the boat and the reciepts once.

Charlie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts