2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jack of No Trades
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, elite fishermen....need some help!

I haven't made it out to fish in about a year (I coach and have a second job as well). I have a Pond Prowler (Bass Pro Shop) with just a trolling motor on it (no outboard).

I am headed to Riverside tomorrow morning and wondered if I should go up to Harmon Creek or out to the Trinity River at HWY 19 bridge....Trolling won't be much of an option since my battery would probably go out pretty quickly. I also prefer to cast/catch rather than troll/catch.

I am pretty familiar with Harmon Creek, but have never done it with just a small boat / trolling motor. Any suggestions on how to maximize my day?

(Boat not mine, just one like it - mine has no motor sad_smiles)

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
with that boatI would suggest Harmon creek. You can cast for the whites in Harmon and you will be protected more from the wind.Also you can use minnows and jigs to catch crappie in Harmon. I have a boat like that also and sometime the big boats will kick up a really big wave in the river.

·
Retired opinionated old fart
19,895 Posts
I have a boat like that also and sometime the big boats will kick up a really big wave in the river.
That is a very good point Matt. In fact, although a bit cool yet maybe, the wakeboarders may be out in wetsuits. I have seen wakeboarders in that area, and they trim their boats in such a way as to make the maximum size wake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts