2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of freeport yesterday there was a beauty of a rip around 28 miles at 3pm.Blue/Green rip w/ the yellow brick road(Sargassum)in the middle as far as the eye could see.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Did you troll it? 2 years ago my Dad found one like that at about the same distance and caught a 35 lb mahi!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No,we were on our way back in from fishing some 300ft. stuff and needed to get home.

We had a limit of snaps,a grouper,limit of AJ's, an African Pompano and 1Ling.Oh and 15lbs of shrimp.My camera is still on the boat but Capt.Mike should post a report in a few days.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
actually that rip was at 18 miles & we did troll it, & picked up a few bigger chicks. It was a ripping rip, but surprised there wasn't more on it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
mahiseeker said:
actually that rip was at 18 miles & we did troll it, & picked up a few bigger chicks. It was a ripping rip, but surprised there wasn't more on it.
Actually, I think it depends on where you guys crossed the rip that would determine how far out it is/was. So, it looks like you were both right. (Sorry, I couldn't resist...
)

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
Yesterday (8/1) the same rip was there at approx 30 miles. It was nice. We were having motor problems and did not stop. water color was clean on one side, nasty on the other.

Patrick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts