2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out early on 6/7/04 in a 21' Sea Pro to the North Jetty, things were slow all around. Headed out into open water after a few hours because the sea wasn't too rough and found 2 rigs almost straight off bolivar beachfront about 10 to 15 miles away. This was the first time we'd ever been rig fishing and shark seemed to be the only thing around. Does anybody know of any rigs within 20 miles of the galveston jetty that harbor snapper, ling, or kingfish? Didn't seem to find them on those 2, and no more rigs in sight so we headed back that afternoon. Nevertheless, a fun time and a new experience.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We launch from Galveston Yacht Club near the jetties and for the past year or so have focused on bay fishing, but a friend of mine owns an offshore boat and took me in it and now I seemed to be hooked. Ventured off for the first time Sunday, seas werent too bad so I thought I'd get a feel for the ride. You have any suggestions on how far out a tough bay boat can go in seas under 5'? Seemed like we could go as far as our gas tank could get us Sunday. All we caught were those pesky shark :p

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice, I don't think its worth risking it for a few fish either. Probably won't venture out unless it's one of those days where everything comes together perfectly and is expected to stay that way, yanno. If I really am hooked, might look into upgrading to an offshore boat within a couple of years, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.