2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with a friend who has dealings with the Highlands Voluntier Fire Department. He said that a couple of years ago they aquired a rigid hull inflatable of about 18' from the U.S. government and purchased a new Yamaha 90 horse power motor for it. The original intent was for swift water / flood rescue and they have now changed their mind and wish to sell it. He said the motor has about 5 hours on it and they would take four grand for the whole deal. That would make a great bait deployment craft you could launch from the surf where legal and pratical. Other uses as well. I do not know a contact name or number but they are located off IH-10 on 2100 just east of Houston. Just a thought. Gary

·
Registered
46 Posts
If it's a Zodiac, they are heavy and takes several people to launch in calm surf. We almost lost a guy when the hull of one (set up as a rescue boat) slammed into him and was pile driving him into the bottom. There were about 6 guys and all got beat up in 2-4 footers. It's a good price if it's the Zodiac, but I would stick with ramps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts