2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type off drop rigs do you all use? Single, Double???? How heavy of mono?

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I use a slip wieght and tie the hook directly onto my main line. We use 40 lb test on all our snapper reels. This really makes it easy to retie if you break off.
Jeff

·
Registered
552 Posts
Were you guys out drifting at German Charlies Sat? I thought I heard the name fish-a-mon mentioned out there.
Fish-a-mon said:
What type off drop rigs do you all use? Single, Double???? How heavy of mono?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not me. I will be out there tomorrow. Just trying to get other ideas on bottom fishing. I normally use a single drop, but I like the other drop rig.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Use a 3-4 oz. slip weight above a swivel to a 80lb. mono leader 4x treble hook in front attached with a wire to a 9/0 live bait hook stinger about 5 inches back. Hook the live bait hook half way down the minows back then one leg of the treble hook into the top of minnows head. This will get a lot of those short strikers.

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
5,919 Posts
myprozac said:
I use a slip wieght and tie the hook directly onto my main line. We use 40 lb test on all our snapper reels. This really makes it easy to retie if you break off.
Jeff
Do you let the weight slide all the way down to the hook? I have seen other people do this as well. I usually have my slip weight above the swivel but that leads to leader foul ups from time to time. I am thinking of switching to something similar to what you do to eliminate that.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I have always let the weight slide down to the hook. I dont use a leader or swival. I tie directly to the end of my line. VERY EASY AND CHEAP METHOD that works well for us. We think that because we use a slip weight all the way down to the hook then the fish cant feel the weight it tugs on. Also we use 1 oz weights depending on depth and current for snapper. Hope this helps
Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts