2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The Wardens also think so.They have the arrow from the big buck.My Niece is very upset about all of this and trying to help the wardens anyway She can.She requested I put this on the forum.Sometimes one small clue can bust a case like this wide open.She told Me the Wardens have been very nice and doing their best.Lets hope they find this scum soon.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,924 Posts
Surely some in that neighborhood have security cameras that may have video of some of what has been happening. It might take canvassing the neighborhood to find those that do. Might be worth a try.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
If I had to bet, the perpetrator(s) is shooting the animals from their property or close nearby. That would give them a shoot and cover position, never to be seen walking trails with a weapon. Some parts of the green belts are rugged and have no trails other than deer trails, pretty thick where I've seen. Other parts of the green belts that have actual hiking trails, are more populated and you'd never get away with this without being seen.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If I had to bet, the perpetrator(s) is shooting the animals from their property or close nearby. That would give them a shoot and cover position, never to be seen walking trails with a weapon. Some parts of the green belts are rugged and have no trails other than deer trails, pretty thick where I've seen. Other parts of the green belts that have actual hiking trails, are more populated and you'd never get away with this without being seen.
I was going to suggest the same thing. The perpetrator is likely shooting from their own property, or very close to their own property, so trail cams are unlikely to solve this one.

The area I grew up in had several green belts running all through it, and they were FANTASTIC places to hide away if you had nefarious intent (or just to explore if you were a nature-loving kid like me). Plus I was VERY good at hiding away in them. People would pass within feet of me often and never know I was there if I didn't want to be seen.

All that being said, criminals aren't known for being terribly smart, and they can get careless when they think they're "getting away with it easily". So I might put up trail cams anyway? I'd be concerned about the legalities of putting up surveillance devices in public-use areas though...

If it were me, I'd be combing social media looking for someone complaining about the deer eating their flowers and crapping in their yard, and maybe start there. Maybe cross-reference that with people posting about hunting in the past, or asking questions about hunting or getting into the sport.

Might not help if it's a psychopath future serial killer, but it'd be a place to start.

I agree with the others though; as an avid outdoorsman and hunter, with a healthy respect for nature, those images are difficult to see.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I also believe it is probably somebody doing it from the cover of their house.Flyers are being distributed and social media is also being looked at very closely for clues from my niece and others who are very angry.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Grem's Guide Service
12,075 Posts
Academy bolt for crossbow looks identical
If they can recover an arrow, the Academy ones have the SKU on them. They can track how it was paid for. As long as it wasn't paid for with cash or gift cert they can track down who bought that arrow originally. May give them a lead.

But if they recovered an arrow from the buck then they already have gone down that route....

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
It's probably someone who hates the deer for eating their plants and flowers. They are not really trying to kill them in a manner to possibly recover them or else they wouldn't be shooting them with field points. It looks like they want them to run off and die somewhere else.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts