2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Worldangler
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A number a months ago I made a post in defense of burning shorelines. I freely admitted to doing it and I have for many, many years.

However, the past 6 months I have come to change my opinion on this practice.

The main reason is my observation of the incredible numbers of irresponsible individuals practicing the technique. I guess y'all were right about the number of yahoos out there - and I was wrong.

While I still believe that burning COULD be done responsibly, I now realize that is probably not possible nowadays.

It seems that just dozen and dozens of boat operators are doing it, just to be doing it - now realizing the responsibility and courtesy it requires.

I also realize that it would be irresponsible of me to defend this practice in any way as it might cause more (irresponsible) people to try it.

Therefore, I am reversing my stand on this issue.

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
1 down, 73,457 to go !

I applaud your reversal of mindset. It's a good thing and you'll respect yourself in the morning. lol

·
Banned
906 Posts
I am not by any means targeting everyone with a shallow boat. But quite a few of them think just because they have a tunnel then they have to be running in inches of water. Its kinda like my 4x4 is bigger than your 4x4, my tunnel will run shallower than your tunnel. See what I'm getting at?

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
lol

I can cure em all! Bring em to the marsh and the pocket where I fish. It will cure any hints of wanting to run the shoreline. After you eat a 30ft oak that floated down river that is just under the water, or eaten your console after hitting an old 4X4 left by a duck blind, or sucked a crab trap into that pretty tunnel and braided it around your prop. Then you will be cured. Too many hazards on our shorelines to run em. lol

Z

·
Registered
144 Posts
Lead by example

John you hit the nail on the head - too many people see a boat running a shoreline without thinking why and then say to themselves "my boat can do that too" or "if he's gonna burn the shoreline I might as well". Then someone sees him and so on and so on.

Like your Majek my Shallow Sport loves the skinny but these days I run it mostly in deeper water just to show people where to run. Matter of fact the only time I run "outside" shorelines these days is when safety demands it.

See you in the backcountry.

·
15,099 Posts
I'm so sick of all the HONYOKS doing that, that I dont have time to type all the stuff I want to carry on about.......................................There has been one good thing to come of it though................I fish alot less because of all the honyok tourneys and shoreline burners.
That leaves alot more fish out there for everybody.

·
Get Off My Bay!
6,584 Posts
"I fish alot less because of all the honyok tourneys and shoreline burners."

That isn't right, doesn't that **** you off? I know I check to see if there is a tourney going on before deciding what we will do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts