2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Cert.Weigh Master,since 1999
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had the time before to notice the beauty of my grandkids, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself. Ed in Hitchcock

Life begins at retirement. I'm retired-goodbye tension, hello pension! Ed.......................................................

·
non-politically correct
7,304 Posts
What's retirement? I'll be working till I die but my broker won't.

·
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I feel this coming yr.(by Summer), will be the yr. my weigh team will get its 20ft. Trl. for our "Mobile" Weigh Station. We are looking forward to a lot of clients this yr. and hoping to cover the Texas Coast. PM for bookings or email to [email protected].

·
Mike
1,054 Posts
Believe it or not but at 42, I've only got 4 more years. The County doesn't pay a lot but the retirement package is kick arse. I'm planning on retiring in 2015. By then the house will be paid off. I'll probably do something else in order to double dip for few years. But that something else will have to leave plenty of time for fishing.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Come on, guys. You're killing me. I'm so ready to retire I can hardly wait but I have to work another 2 1/2 years for my wife's insurance. When she can get on medicare, I'm out there with you.

·
MHX Pro Staff
1,355 Posts
Aw shut up. I'm 28 and will NEVER be able to retire or quit working. Our flipping gubberment will make for dang sure of that.

·
Excel, it's easy to be average
2,153 Posts
While we work in our vocation, some of us are task oriented and just don't utilize our time to enjoy the surroundings and smell the roses.

Retirement gives us the opportunity to slow down and discover what we have missed experiencing.

God has truly placed us in magnificient surroundings.

Charles

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Retirement was not for me. I have retired twice due to some lucrative severance packages. I am still working but I like what I do so no problem. I would like to spend more time with the grandson though. But with him in school it becomes weekends anyway.

·
15,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishin' poles.

·
Retired
1,590 Posts
Retirement was not for me. I have retired twice due to some lucrative severance packages. I am still working but I like what I do so no problem. I would like to spend more time with the grandson though. But with him in school it becomes weekends anyway.
Retirement is not for everybody, I know people that retired and turned right around and went back to work. I retired 2 years ago and haven't looked back, I love it. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Retirement

Congratulations; Kind Sir.

I've tried it three times and may get it right next time. I'm a triple dipper and now getting tired of building fishing rods, taking care of the yard and garden and fighting with the old lady. I went back to college, finished that but am really not interested in social work. My kids are all grown and grandkids danged near.

I've even finished all of the 'Honey-Do's' around the house!

Still looking for ideas on something that is interesting. Politics? Not on your life. Maybe I'll become a Community Organizer like Obama was. C2

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I retired 2 years ago in August. Haven't missed work one bit. You'll soon hate the weekends (too many people off work those days) everything gets too crowded. And time will start to fly by. Enjoy it, I sure do...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts