2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I have a good report. Me and a buddy crusied out of Tx City Dike about 6:15am. The water was calm and we had a slight breeze. We got to the North Jetty, past the boat cut about 7am. After about 10 min, we started to get into the Spanish Mackeral. I was using live shrimp under cork. We kept the first couple and then switched to plastics. The first cast, my buddy hung a nice trout. He caught a second and then I caught mine (the biggest one). I was using Pumpkin seed /chartreaus tail. he was using a silver white/red tail and red jig head. The trout seem to like his color much more than mine. After the trout cooled off, we went back to live shrimp and caught/released at least 7-10 Spanish Mack's. On the brink of heat stroke and an approaching storm, we went to an old spot of mine near Galveston Yacth basin. First cast on a plastic and I caught the flounder.All and all, a great day on the water. Hey Mik, thats what happens when you "forget to rember to call......"!C'ya

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, its about time!

I have been waiting to see a post from you where you caught fish! LOL.

Good job, its a lot of fun when they're biting. Nice flounder.... what was it thinking?

MIK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts