2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never imagined a catagory two would cause so many outages! That was quite a horrific mess. Our San Anonio Pike Electric crews just returned home after working 16 hrs. a day, every day since the storm hit. Centerpoint Energy was a pleasure to work with, and we were proud to help our fellow Texans. I feel like I could sleep for three days though. All those Pike trucks driving around the Houston area have N. Carolina plates(including ours) because that's where Pike's home office is, but I assure you those trucks were from all over the southern U.S. I couldn't believe how many different contractors and power companies came to help from all over the country. That was really something. Now I just hope that is the last storm for a while becase I'm ready to do a little hunting and fishing!! Between Dolly, Fay, Gustav, and Ike, there hasn't been much time to do so!

·
Texas Rod Builders
6,338 Posts
portalto said:
A huge THANK YOU for helping us out!
...and also to the rest of the crews/companies from all over the place. Without a doubt a monumental task in bad situation. For every 1 person complaining about how long it was taking, I know there were 10 saying "I can't believe the quick progress these guys are making". ( at least in my circles). Thank you for a job well done....

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Ditto Ditto Ditto!! Am grateful for all the help from all the different power people!! I would smile and wave everytime I passed them working!! It was just a small "thank-you" and hope they knew how much it meant to us!!

·
Elder Angler
985 Posts
All of the power and tree crews I saw were hard working, cheerful and seemed to be happy to be here. I know they made good money here, but they earned it in more ways than one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts