2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CAST-A-WAY
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are some good places to eat/hang out after either fishing or joy riding in the Clear Lake/Kemah area that have boat slips? The wife really digs the idea of riding in the boat to dinner!

·
Yep...
752 Posts
Topwater in San Leon but it might be a little far from Kemah for what you are looking for.

·
ZIP ZIP ZIP
1,893 Posts
we have parked at the board walk to eat ,and I think seabrook beach club also has parking for bowts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Outriggers under the Kemah bridge (146). They do not have boat slips but enough dock for about 10 boats.

·
aka: KSims1868
3,848 Posts
2KSOTY said:
Outriggers under the Kemah bridge (146). They do not have boat slips but enough dock for about 10 boats.
YES - I 2nd this recommendation HIGHLY. This is 99% of the time our last stop after fishing. Great atmosphere, great owners and staff, and just a lot of fun to hang out and unwind with a bucket o' beers or something stronger if you prefer. Good food too.

If you catch 'em during Crawfish season HANG ON...those bugs can be SPICY!!

The Topwater Grill is my 1st choice though...if you want to make the haul over to San Leon. Much better food (and more $$), but has a wonderful deck/patio area and plenty of boat parking.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Where do you park when eating at the Boardwalk? I know all the tournaments tend to gather in that little canal behind the Aquarium. Is that place open to the public? I've always wanted to take the wife out in the boat and go hit the boardwalk.

ANGEL said:
we have parked at the board walk to eat ,and I think seabrook beach club also has parking for bowts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I've seen the boats tied up in the canal behind the Aquarium. I don't think I'd park in front of Fertitta's yacht "The Boardwalk" though. Seems to be room for about 10 boats like 2K said.

·
Back in da Saddle
10,149 Posts
You are allowed to tie up in the Canal no problems have done it several times....

john

·
Back in da Saddle
10,149 Posts
Personally I like the Harbor House in Galveston ...just radio the Harbor Master and ask if they have room for your vessel and often they wave the fee ....

John

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
In Clear Lake you can tie up the the bulkhead behind Aquarium Rest. Bring bumpers for your boat. We live in Nassau Bay and take the kids there often by boat. Sundance for just you and the Lady is Nice at Sunset. Outriggers good place to hang out. Also Valdos on Nasa 1 is accessible by boat with slips. Clear Lake Beach Club and An Italian Rest. in same area. Lots of choices. We often take afternoon boat ride/fishing trips and stop and eat on the way home. Great to do when we have out of town company. Also nice to go out on the bay and watch the sun set with some food and bottle of wine. Enjoy and have fun

·
Banned
579 Posts
Boat slips

You can also tie up behind Vald's and Boondoggles on NASA Rd. 1. Just after you go under the bridge into Taylor Lake, on the right.

·
Yep...
752 Posts
Boondoggles is awsome. i forgot they have water access. Great pizza, massive beer selection.

·
CAST-A-WAY
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really great ideas. I'm planning a trip to Sundance in the next few weeks with the lady and the next time I'm with my buddies, we'll stop at Outriggers. I know just where it is.

I too wasn't sure about the boardwalk access for boats since they took away the boat slips right in the channel a while ago.

Thanks for all the ideas. There's a lot more places than I thought. I usually put in at Eagle Point so on a nice evening it would be a great ride I think.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
If you want a good meal and you are putting in at Eagle Point, I would go to Topwater Grill. Its closer and the food is much better than anything in Kemah.

·
Yep...
752 Posts
fastpitch said:
If you want a good meal and you are putting in at Eagle Point, I would go to Topwater Grill. Its closer and the food is much better than anything in Kemah.
Yep...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts