2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You will always be one of my all time favorites. I know how hard you fought the demons that had you by the gnads and am so sorry that a fight like that can only end poorly. Prayers go out to 3 little girls in Richmond who are missing their Daddy today.

And honestly....I could care less who wins tonight. Every Astro fan lost twice yesterday. I hope it rains out...

I got to meet Biggio once. It was right after DK passed. As I shook his hand, I told him I was sorry he had lost his friend. You could see it in his eyes that he was hurting.

No matter who you root for, say a prayer for our two team leaders. I am sure they could use them right about now.....

Drew

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
I agree with you wholeheartedly Drew. I swear, it felt like I lost a friend today. I have been following his career since the early Astros days. We were "all" in our early 20s then. God Bless his family.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Regardless of his troubles

He was a good man and father. Sometimes things happen within people we all may not understand. Thats not our job. Our job is accept eachother as we are.

God bless Ken and his family.

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Gary said:
He was a good man and father. Sometimes things happen within people we all may not understand. Thats not our job. Our job is accept eachother as we are.

God bless Ken and his family.
Well said Flinga, prayer sent for the family....

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Joey hasn't heard the news yet, but I know he'll be crushed. He loved Ken Caminiti! He was his all time favorite player. Joey got to meet him at the grand opening of a sports/comicbook shop in the Northshore area SEVERAL years ago. Joey had a Ken Caminiti rookie card and Ken autographed it for Joey! Joey has been so proud and held that one card as his all time prized possession ever since! He gave it to me years ago to put up for him, and every now and then asked to see it just to look at it and hold it for a few minutes. It always brightened his day after holding that card.
I haven't seen it since we moved to San Leon 3 years ago. I guess I need to go dig it out and find it before Joey comes home.
I know Ken touched many lives in many ways. I'm very sorry he had to be called home this early, this young... but the Lord must have called him home for a reason.
He brought alot of joy to hearts of folks while he was here. I know he was with the Astros last night, and will continue to watch over them through the WS.

My prayers to his wife, children, and family, friends and loved ones. He will be greatly missed.

Kay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts