2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the call today about 4:30. Everything went well. She was in recovery at the time and the docs were well pleased with the results. Jack's gonna spend the night with her, but will hook up here tomorrow.

She is at:

Memorial Southeast
281-929-6100
Room 419W

Mary and I send our best to the both of them!

Rick

·
Old Fart (junior grade)
450 Posts
Thinking of Miss Pam

Thanks Cool one! that is good news!

I think that I won't call tonight however.

I've spent way too much time in hospitals, and it's not enough that you cannot get any rest with all of the nurses and staff personnel running in and out...but when the phone will not quit ringing, it gets to be just a bit too much.

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Yep, Jack called me too, about 1 min after he called Rick, purty much the same thing, Pam was still in recovery and he was chompin at the bit to see her, he said she would be in her room shortly, and I could feel the anticipation his voice..... The Doc said she was just fine, and that all would be well.... Jack had a little trembling in his in his voice when he said that all went well, and I'm sure it is because he loves his Miss Pam so much......I felt his happiness..... I was In the middle of Trinity bay chasin birds, and I just had to stop everything and thank the lord that all went well............Thanks for the update Mr Moncrief...... It made my day....

·
Registered
663 Posts
Jack & Pam

Glad to hear that the procedure went well. We're lucky to live in a time when doctors are so much more knowledgeable than a few years back! We'll be thinking of you both. Won't call as I know she needs her rest right now!

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Jack & Ms. Pam

Glad it went well. The power of prayer (and good doctors) are wonderful things!:smile:

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
A quick up-date

After nearly 3 hours in recovery, My sweetie FINALLY came rolling up the hallway on her gurney. They had a little trouble helping her get on top of her pain and getting her warm. I swear, you could hang meat in that place. My face and especially my nose were numb the entire time I was in there.

I stayed with her last night and she had a so-so night. About average for the first night after surgery. But I want for y'all to know that she is in very high spirits. We laughed some and talked of the days, really soon, when she'd be back at it and on top of her game. The people there are just terrific. I left out of there this morning confident that she was with people that were great at what they do and that really care about their patience. I'm just home to run through the shower and pick up a few items she forgot yesterday. I'll keep y'all up to date on Pam's progress but I'm tellin' ya now she is doing great. When she get's over this she will be in better condition than she has in years and we can't wait!

The big event for today will be when they take out that disgusting tube that goes through her nose down to her stomach and let her have a cheeseburger. :wink:

All the prayers, thoughts and love that came from our family here, helped us BOTH to get through this ordeal and we BOTH thank you. Y'all are the very best...God bless you.

·
Twisted Fisher
279 Posts
Great news WJ. Still in our thoughts and prayers for a complete and speedy recovery. Pam and you have a bunch of fun left. Peace man.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Wahooooeeee Jack and Pam Im so happy for you both!! You both were in my thoughts yesterday, and continue to be. Im sooo glad everything went well and she is in good spirits. You tell thoese people there (as if you hadnt already) to take care of Miss Pam or awhole bunch of fisher people we be comin down there, lol. All kidding a side, thanks for the update Jack.....................................later,Dave

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
miss pam is special

:dance: hi jack
as you know, miss pam is a very special lady, i know kinda what you went through, but she and you are tough birds, she will be super fine, looking forward to giving her a hug when i get back to see you and all my friends.
prayers to you.
stix

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Up-date.

Just got home from the hospital and here's the report. She had pretty much shaken off the effects of the anesthesia by this morning but she is having some problems with nausea. Because of that the doctor wanted to leave that dang tube that goes in her nose and down to her stomach over night again tonight and see if she is improved in the morning. If he doesn't take it out when he comes in in the morning he may find it curled up in the corner tomorrow afternoon. She is about ready to snatch that sucker right outta there.

She is doing fine, all-in all, it's just that it will be another couple of days before she starts to get to a more comfortable stage of the post-op period. I left for a while during the lunch time and when I got back she was looking a LOT better. She was more alert and "perky" than I've seen her sinc the operation. But you know how it goes. As the afternoon wore on she began to sag a little and when I left her tonight she was drifting in and out from the meds they gave her.

I know she will be okay but I am sure ready to see her past this, the most unpleasant part or her recovery. I'll up-date again tomorrow night.

·
Chillin'
4,570 Posts
Jack, so glad to hear things are going well.
Bob

·
Registered
447 Posts
Jack, i apologize to you and Farmer jim for not being here when i should!!

I heard about goldie way too late, and once again, i am getting the news of your event with Mrs. Moncrief (pam) way too late.. Shame on me.. I'm soo sorry for not being here daily with my friends.. And i am finding out way too much that monthly just isn't going to work.. I'm sorry.. I hope all is ok with you both, and that you won't be too angry about my absence.. I'm not online much, but can be reached.. Just ask Coolchange..

Home 713-849-3492
cell 281-610-8759
email [email protected]
email [email protected]

emergency.. Steve Palmer wishicouldfish
Don huhn baitkiller
Randy hines Hinzerelli

Any of these can contactme at any time..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts