2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
W.W.
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife n I took her 2 sisters n there significant others out of Galveston Sun. First stop was Daddys hole, caught a cpl of keepers but most of the fish there were just short of 16" after a hr or so another boat pulled up and started drifting both sides and did hook up with a nice king. After talking a little about the undersized snapper, one of the guys on the other boat told me he had a friend that works on a "party boat" out of Galveston n he was told they had fished this spot out a month ago now I see why so many undersized fish here as the action was nonstop but all but 2 were "just short". we pulled up and went to another spot in Rik Jacobsons book inshore from DH. Fished on the outside of wreck and caught 2 monster snappers and had another breakoff, the biggest was 26lbs n the other 21 with the breakoff in between the 2. A big weed bed floated around us and along with it came the Dolphin. We kept 2 that were 12, 14lbs and lost a cpl more. We called it a day and headed back with 7 snaps, 2 Dolphin, 41" King, n a tripletail. It was a beautifull day to be on the water but HOT HOT Would post pics but having problem. need help with pics!!! WW

1 - 1 of 1 Posts