2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the videos on how to replace and it doesn't look that hard. I am not a boat mechanic, but will to give it a go. I cannot find which thermostat I need.
My yamaha is the TLRV Model, but I cannot find that when looking for the correct thermostat.

What am I missing?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see it being sold 12411-20-00 as New 12441-30-00. Is this the one?
I also will order the gasket. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I need to order two of the thermostats and two gaskets. Are they the same number 12411-20-00 New as 12411-30-00?

I would normally take to my mechanic but I might be out of pocket and need to get it done soon. So, I will try it. I will have to find the other thermostat on my motor.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
So I need to order two of the thermostats and two gaskets. Are they the same number 12411-20-00 New as 12411-30-00?

I would normally take to my mechanic but I might be out of pocket and need to get it done soon. So, I will try it. I will have to find the other thermostat on my motor.

Thanks
They are the same part number, 12411-20. The gaskets will probably tear apart so order those as well. The thermostat housing is on top of each cylinder head. Kind of a squared shape. Find the engine schematic on boats.net or sim Yamaha it will help a ton.

Don’t over think it, very easy job to replace them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
you can break off the aluminum bolts . It is best to move the bolts while they are hot after a day of fishing . just get them to break free and then do them when you have time. a boat thermostat only help you for first 5 minutes on a cold day after that it stays open so most boats in water have a bad thermostat and they are stuck in open position. you can heat them with torch and they should take very little force to move .

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After I take out old thermostats and replace and tighten nuts back up, is there a re-tightning that I should do after I run it. Or is that all, if no leak is seen. Thank

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Put two new thermostats in and two new gaskets. Right one did not have any gasket or gasket material on it. The old thermostats did not look that bad, but I probably wouldn't know a good one from a bad one. lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
put it in hot water and it moves and opens up then put it in cold water it will move again.
any bolt that has not been moved over a year is a potential for break so heat them or dont mess with it. I have not change my impeller but I will move the bolts forsure and you can use never seize grease on it as well .

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The replacement of the two thermostats when great. No issue. Hooray. easy , quick, and simple. Thanks for all suggestions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts