2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often should they be replaced? With age, I figure they would eventually rot. Instructions say to test every season before use, which I would do by jumping in swimming pool during vacation. And replace the cartridge. I keep it stored in closet.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi prelin’ drag.
Bought my first one in 2009. Still use it, still works. Replaced the cartridge after testing. Since then bought 3 more for the grandkids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That's about the time I bought mine.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Great question, I'm the team lead of our oil spill response team out at the plant I work at and reached out to a manufacturer of the PFDs we use and they basically said they didn't have a recommend replacement date. Just do you inspection each time you get ready to use it and replace when showing signs of wear. Hope this helps

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great question, I'm the team lead of our oil spill response team out at the plant I work at and reached out to a manufacturer of the PFDs we use and they basically said they didn't have a recommend replacement date. Just do you inspection each time you get ready to use it and replace when showing signs of wear. Hope this helps
You can always manually air them up to make sure they still hold air just to be more comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts