2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1997 Bay Stealth 2180 that Im trying to get a replacement windshield for. With them once again out of business Im having trouble finding one. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find one?

thanks

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,659 Posts
Also need Bay Stealth Windshield

I know this is an old post, but I am now in the same boat. LOL

Any word on who may have 1998 VIP Bay Stealth 2180 replacement windshields?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't know if that would be plexi or polycarb but either one is relatively easy to form. I've done it with a torch but that is pretty touchy. A heat blanket makes it a piece of cake and once you have one you are ready fix it again. If you use polycarbonate it unlikley that will ever happen. If you use Plexiglass, the big box stores sometimes carry a tough version that can be worked with woodworking tools.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,659 Posts
Thanks all, for the replies. I found the UDP plastics site. They are looking at a 4 week lag time in production, so I was hoping to see if anyone knew of a better way.

The polycarbonate sounds like a decent approach with no fear of breakage in the future.

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Like stated above, if you're talented you can buy a piece of polycarbonate, heat it and bend. Problem is that fine line before it melts, lol. I did this once, i screwed the middle down and heated the part i wanted to bend with a torch, when it started getting soft, i bent it around and screwed it down while hot. It wasn't perfect, but plenty good for that ole Bayhawk.

·
Fin-ish Fantasy ('93)
4,659 Posts

Above is an updated link for the UDP plastics site out of Florida that has a replacement Bay Stealth windshield for most models. We got one from them and it fit perfect for our Bay Stealth 2180.

·
Kamikaze
4,549 Posts
Local company Plastic Fabrication

I used them and they did a good job. Keep in mind that wherever you go there will be a little wait time due to material shortages because of COVID. if you haven't noticed, acrylic is now a popular item in a lot of businesses

·
Registered
479 Posts
Local company Plastic Fabrication

I used them and they did a good job. Keep in mind that wherever you go there will be a little wait time due to material shortages because of COVID. if you haven't noticed, acrylic is now a popular item in a lot of businesses
Glad to hear that. I went to their shop pre-covid and they quoted me a price about 1/3 of the cost of a new windshield at other places. They had several samples around and they all looked pretty nice. I haven't done it yet, but I probably will this winter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts