2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you rent a rent house to a person whose house was destroyed by Ike and FEMA pay for it. I know that they can apply for 18 months of housing assistence and that there are multiple apartments and motels that they can live in. But can they rent a rental property and FEMA cover it. Also as a rental property owner how would you go about getting the house authorized for coverage. Just an idea for people who have rental properties.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I have a house that is available in Baview next door to me and I have a 3 bedroom.Both houses just opened up the both left for higher ground!

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Fema will authorize rent for 3 months, then you have to get a review. They will only pay for a motel for 30 days. The amount they authorize is $702 a month. Anything over that you have to pay out of your pocket. That does not include anything for elect, gas, or water. I have been aurthorized, but haven't used it yet cause I am staying an a travel trailer of a friend.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Well I have a large 1 bedroom thats not the best in the world but has central A/C thats $500. I would not post it here but I thought maybe under the circumstances it might be allowed if not take it off and I apologize if you want to give me $702 I am cool with that also.

·
Old Guys Rule (When we're up to it)
1,259 Posts
I have many rental properties. I do have one available for rent (maybe) and I am purchasing another next week. Our business model does not accept Secion 8 rentors period. We refuse to get in bed with the government as our business partner and for good reason. Displaced hurricane folks is a different situation and would be reviewed on a case by case basis during our due dilligence and background history check of the potential tennent. In other words if they have a history of working and paying their bills and are not criminals they rate very high with us. I want to make sure they didn't beat up or kill their last landlord and that they pay rent. I have no problem if a family gets assistance from FEMA. Good folks are hurting and need housing.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Rental is a business., you do the same as if there was no hurricane . you need ability to pay and you ask for what market price is in your area . do not change your rule since the bank is not going to change their rules.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts