2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bummer topic, but anyone have any info about this other than what been reported on the news. We are/were planning on going this weekend and I happened to come across this information from the web. Just wondering.

Thanks

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
heard that the young man that was killed was "defending his sister's honor" - whatever that means. the defendant confessed to a friend that he though he stabbed someone about 10 times and then showed him the bloody knife.

Frankly - I don't see the logic in getting in a fight at a place where there's a good chance someone will have a knife or sword.

I imagine you'll see more stringent rules on weapons carried at the Ren Fest. They used to require that all swords and knifes had to be sheathed and then tied into the sheath with a wire-tie or something similar. Axes had to be sheathed as well.

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
I was there Sat afternoon. I wouldn't worry about your safety there. I felt as safe as anywhere else while I was there. Just BEWARE that place is FULL of weirdos! It was interesting to see, but I won't go back for a while. It was GREAT people watching though!

·
"Bring me a menu and a bucket........"
2,347 Posts
They caught the guy. Apparently, that guy and some other made some rude remarks to the sister of the young man that was killed. He stood up for his sister and was stabbed 19 times. The idiot that did the stabbing was only caught after he bragged about it to someone he knew.

What a wonderful world we live in eh?

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Honestly, I am more surprised this hasn't happened sooner. While the Fest is pretty cool, their are some serious whackos walking 'round there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts