2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has been running there EFI motors on premix? I just got 2 2000 250 yamaha EFI SW Series for my big boat and I wont to remomve the oil injection I have done it on Mercury and it looks the same as Merc it has the one oil line that gos in the top of the VSt tank and thats it so I would think it wouldnt be a problem ?

·
See ya on the flats!
1,838 Posts
I did it on my last Merc...1999...wouldn't tough the Yammy. The one that I've got on the Yammy is awesome.

Late,
Cox

·
archTech
8,718 Posts
I have done it on all the outboards that I have owned that had oil injection...all Mercs. My reasoning is that it only takes once for the gasoline to eat up parts and have the injection system fail. By mixing straight 50:1 in the tank you are fail safe plus the oil keeps all the other parts lubed.

BTW, I have 6 large oil tanks (3 gallon I think) I will sell with the sensors in them if anyone is interested...two are Mercs and 4 are Yammies.

·
POC chunker
9,207 Posts
EFI or DFI? On direct injected motors, the fuel never passes through the crankcase. So, if you remove the oil system and mix oil in the gas, your piston pins, big end bearings, and crank never see any oil at all. The oil system in those motors meters oil directly to the bottom end.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OOPS! Yeah its funny but guess what the oil pumps not working so in the SH&^ can it go's !!!!!!!Why would Yammy be different then Merc same pump just in different spots? And the oil pump on the other engine has a broke hose barb.... So case close they come off!

·
Registered
305 Posts
If its like the merc you would want to keep the shaft in there to keep the bushing in place. Just grind the gears on the end so it wont engage the crank gear.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked at the drawing and I cant tell if there is a bushing on the other side of the crank case that could drop if u take the gear out ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
It's no problem to disconnect the oiling system on either a EFI or Dfi. All you have to do is trick the ECU module into thinking that it has oil in both the under cowling and remote oil tanks. 1st on the remote tank find the two wires that go to the sensor. Clip and tye them together. 2nd. Remove the float sensor in the Under cowling reservior, push it up and put a tye wrap around the shaft just under the float so it can't come down. 3rd, remove the pump shaft. 4th, cut and plug the oil line from the small reservior and the oil pump.. 5th premix fuel/oil., drain fuel reservior(EFI), purge fuel lines and prime fuel reservior. Crank and run........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts