2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we run about 10-12 cameras starting in August on our lease. I go down every 4-5 weeks and get the cards, move the cameras, etc. We can have as many as 8-10,000 pictures to sort through. Does anyone have experience with the new cameras that transmit the pictures to a computer?

I know the cameras cost more and the data transmission cost will be there - my concern is how you scroll through that many pictures if they are sent via individual emails (as I have been told) any info appreciated thanks

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
we run about 10-12 cameras starting in August on our lease. I go down every 4-5 weeks and get the cards, move the cameras, etc. We can have as many as 8-10,000 pictures to sort through. Does anyone have experience with the new cameras that transmit the pictures to a computer?

I know the cameras cost more and the data transmission cost will be there - my concern is how you scroll through that many pictures if they are sent via individual emails (as I have been told) any info appreciated thanks
http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=479639&page=2

Look for thread #15. 10-15 cams would be very pricey. PM me if you want more specific info. We are using MMS/text photos on our 2 cams. You'd be overwhelmed if you had 10-15 transmitting.

If you used the plan we do, it's $120/year and we limit the cams to 33 pics a day so we don't incur overages. If you did it that way you'd be looking at $1200/year for 10 cams transmitting a max of 33 pics a day. ATT offers unlimited MMS messages for $25/month, but that's more than we want to spend.

The HCO Panda Wireless Cam itself is about $350 per cam. More $ if you buy the OEM security cage and cable.

Lot of $$ if you setup 10-15 of them. They are fantastic, but we're only using two. If you have enough members it might split the cost up enough.

You'll definitely know exactly what is showing up at each blind and when, before you drive to your lease.

·
Hog Tight and Hoss High
80 Posts
Have you considered one of the cams that takes pics continuously? I think they are called plot cams.
You set the frequency and then watch them like a video.

One of our lease members had one last year and they work pretty well. You can stop the playback when you see something and then continue. It takes about 30seconds to watch a whole day.

Moultrie makes one that operates as a time lapse during the day and IR trigger at night.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I am using the Uway UM562. Great camera and excellent pics sent via MMS directly to your phone via text or e-mail. If you use AT&T make sure you get a data only plan. 20 bucks a month. Pay for only the months you plan to keep camera running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts