2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the answer to how the remodeling went by way of some photos. There are all taken in the dining room.

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I wasn't going to say a word!

Your home reminds me so much of how I had my lovely Duplex when I lived on Key Biscayne and in Coconut Grove (a huge neighborhood of artists)

I had baskets hanging everywhere. Inside the baskets I would have big and little stuffed character dolls that I had made. My dolls ranged from the exquisite to the ridiculous...everybody wanted to take one home with them. But they were one time only dolls and I wouldn't part with them.
I had a fairly large collection of monks that I had created in stoneware. One with a butterfly I placed on his nose with him hiding a butterfly net behind him and shaking his finger at the butterfly. One monk was eating a Carvels ice cream cone and it was running all over his habit. Another monk was chewing bubble gum and it was caught in his beard. When I worked with my monks it was always to create them with a "twist". HMS, a very special gift shop in the Grove, sold quite a few of my monks.
When I looked at your photos Dave they really brought back memories and I wondered to myself if your wife works with crafts. Cause it sure looks like the home of a creative artist.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
creative artist?

Aunt Joyce said:
When I looked at your photos Dave they really brought back memories and I wondered to myself if your wife works with crafts. Cause it sure looks like the home of a creative artist.
We are both crafters. We do woodworking. My main focus is to make boomerangs but I do much more when I have time. Barb is the scroll saw expert. I'll attach photos of a cherry Advent wreath and a multi wood Nativity "overboard" she makes. The wreath (actually a mahogany one at home) sits on the table during Advent. The Nativity lives full time over the dooway to the kitchen. She is starting a Noah's Ark overboard next.

Other than the Nativity, there are none of our craftes in the dining room. There are quite a few items that we purchased (or traded for) from craft shows we had entered.

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Here is a doll Dave ...

that I call one of my "character dolls". This was a gift to one of my son's friends at work. He told me that she was a party kind of gal who loved to play center stage a lot. She loved her new doll.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boomernags?

Drumbo said:
Hey Dave.....Where are the Boomerangs??? Great shots by the way!
Not quite sure how to answer this on. If you just want to see photos of them, I have several Webshots albums of my hardwood ones and my more artistic ones. Check them out at: http://community.webshots.com/user/davebarbh

If you wonder where they are in the dining room photos, they aren't! That room is basically off limits to them. That was a mutual decision. The room is mostly a Southwest misson look and they would be out of place.

Currently the only boomerangs on display are in the living room, in a glass top coffee table. I am working on some display racks for in the upsatirs hall, which will allow me to display the antique aboriginal throwsticks I have collected. Lord knows what I'll do with the ones I bring back froam Australia. Four weeks is a verly long to to be finding them.

When you figure that I have more than 500 boomerangs, I could possibly cover all the wall in the house. For the most part, they are for throwing and not for display. I bet there are 100 in my truck, and any day I feel like it, I head to a field at lunch and toss booms for 30 minutes or so.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Know the feeling I am not alloud to have pictures of trains in certain areas either. Some people just have no sense of humor at all

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Drumbo said:
Know the feeling I am not alloud to have pictures of trains in certain areas either. Some people just have no sense of humor at all
Gee, My wife had a painting done for me of a Reading T1 pulling an excursion train up over Horseshoe Curve. It has a place of honor in our tv room, amongst the duck decoys and wildfowl paintings.

Dave

Monday Night, are you ready for some football?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dolls

Aunt Joyce said:
I call one of my "character dolls".
The character dolls are quite imaginative. Nice work!

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts