2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody seen the new remington 1100 g3 shoots 2 3/4 & 3 inch.duck hunters dream come true.Remington finally out did themselves!!!!!!!!!Go to rem site and just look at the specs on this bad boy..

·
Getting shallower means chewing mud
1,643 Posts
If it don't shoot 3 1/2 inch shells it is not a hunter's dream come true.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MAYBE MAYBE NOT;as for me I dont need 31/2 to kill a mallard;ive got a super mag for geese...I think its a fine gun!!!!

·
1,643 Posts
I don't need to use 3 1/2" shells to kill a puddle duck either. But when a flight of geese comes over, I drop the 3's out of the gun and shuck in the 3 1/2's to reach out there a few more yards. I'd rather have one gun that will do everything than two.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont have a problem with that either;have you looked at the spec on the g3,rem out did itself on this one ;thats all i was saying ,on a footnote;I dont need a 31/2 to kill geese i carry it for back up......

·
1,643 Posts
Okay, I went and clicked through about 12 pages to find the "new" shotgun. I personally don't see what you are raving over. Maybe I'm missing it.

Would you please elaborate on why you think this is such a good gun? Do they have a suggested price?

Tim

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not the 1100(1100 g3) its brand new...i guess you have to hunt alot and hunt around saltwater to understand....

·
1,643 Posts
Again, airboat 1, please spell out what is special about the generation 3 of the tried and true 1100.

I don't think the teflon coating on internal parts that are subject to the combustion of the power is going to last very long. Also, I've found that most coatings wear off fairly quickly. My current gun is camo and cleaning solvents take the camo coating off easily.

Also, while the stock sounds cool being carbon reinforced and all, it is WAY, WAY too shiny for the marsh.

So please tell me/us why you're raving about the g3?

Take care,
Tim

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You never did mention what you hunt with???/not that it really matters,you can kill a duck with a slingshot----so we can argue what the best gun is all day!!My point was I'm glad to see remington(an american gun company)start doing better in supply and demand....I like to keep my money here..One of my favorite people is phil robertson(duck commander)use to swear by a browning,,not my favorite gun,,but I still liked the guy....now look what sponsors and money did to him---now he shoots a benelli and probably doesnt even know that beretta owns the company...it was all about the money.That in its self is what going wrong with this country,peolpe sit around and complain and most dont even realize they are part of the problem....heres a good situation from last year,,guy is sitting in his truck complaining about the cost of ammo,I look at his ammo and it is an import from overseas,while hes sitting in his TOYOTA truck shooting his italian made gun ,wearing his waders made in china,he had a 1500 dollar gun and couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with it,,,guess he thought since it cost so much and it was a bean gun(thats what we call them)that he could kill ducks with it...boy was he wrong.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I get excited over new guns all the time. I get plumb silly when I walk into Carter Country. Just a fact. I love the smell of gun oil.

·
1,643 Posts
airboat 1 said:
You never did mention what you hunt with???/not that it really matters,you can kill a duck with a slingshot----so we can argue what the best gun is all day!!....I like to keep my money here.
I agree that keeping it in the US (when practical) is a good thing.

Personally, I shoot a couple of cheap Mossbergs. I started out with an 835 Ulti-Mag. That gun has bar none the best finish for salt marsh that I've ever seen. I hate to admit it, but I don't clean my guns regularly. The parkarized 835 (matte black finish) just does not rust. The only thing on it that has rusted is the swivels for the sling. And I've basically used that gun as a paddle. Only had a few issues with it misfiring a certain brand of shell. Otherwise it's been bulletproof.

Now two years ago I bought the new Mossberg 935, 3 1/2 inch auto loader. My primary reason was for a trip I took to Canada in Sept/Oct 2004. Again, not a problem with the gun. I don't particularly like the camo coating as I mentioned earlier, but I bought it off the shelf. If I could order another one I would get the black parkarized finish. I did have the choke tube freeze in the barrel this spring (due to my cleaning habits) and the barrel is with Mossberg right not being taken care of.

Would I love to have a $1500 Benelli SBE II? H3ll yeah!!! Is it a better gun than my 935? Most would say so. I can buy three, yes THREE, 935's though for the price of one SBE II. Also, a good friend of mine whose family shoots a lot (daughter trained for the olympic shooting team in Colorado) tried to push me to spend the money on a Benelli. After I got my 935 he took it down and had pretty good comments. He said it looks like they took the good parts of the Browning and Remington gas systems and made them both better.

Oh, and Canada was awesome!!! :biggrin:

·
Redfish Extraordinaire
2,422 Posts
airboat 1 said:
You never did mention what you hunt with???/not that it really matters,you can kill a duck with a slingshot.
I hunt with the boat paddle known as a mossberg 835.......most people don't like them but i've found you can't break'em.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts