2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got to go fishing yesterday from a spot where I fished while rehabing from a Sept. back surgery at the Livingston State Park. It's a great spot because with a decent cast you can be in 50' of water right on the river channel. I caught some very nice blues there last fall.
Karen loaded the red wagon and we made the 200 yard or more hike to the bulkhead and cast out some crushed minnows on 2 rods. We eat lunch and then we couldn't pack up quick enough to avoid the rain, it soake dus good on the march back to the truck.
It was a great day! It beats the heck out of being at home 24/7.
Here are some pics of rehab reef, and my best box of hardware for white bass. The Silver Dollar jigging spoon is killer, I have absolute confidence in it when I vertical jig for white bass.
The "little georges" are great to troll, in shallow water especially, when a rod gets a hit trolling withone the other anglers can take the other rods out of the holders and jig the bottom with them as the trolled fish is fought and usually you can hook everybody up on the same pass. the crappie jigs are terrific behind a jet diver and cheaper than Pet Spoons. The other slab style jiging spoons are not my favorite, but will at times out fish other spoons jigging.
I always keep some crappie hooks and a few stray split shots, and a casting cork, to fish ilve shad.
An in-line spinner or 3 are good to have sometimes in the summer the whites go to bulkheads around the lake and root shad from them, they all but disapear from deepwater spots like the hump then. In-lines trolled up close to wolf creek park and places like it can be red hot when nothing is going on elsewhere.
A couple of extra XXA batteries for the gps, if I get to the lake and don't have my gps, I turn atound and go get it, they are that important to catching whites in the big lake.
My jet divers are on rods ot I would have them in the pic. I use 10' and 20' and troll both to find fish.
Go white bass fishing without at least 1 rattle trap, no way.

If you see this guy around the lake, do not try to apprehend him, he is harmless ,even if scary looking.
Any Livingston reports?
SS

Attachments

·
Registered
14,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
4 to 6 weeks, I even have to sleep in it, which I don't do much of. Those silver dollars are very much like Man-o-Lures. That is my favorite style of jigging spoon. I hardly ever tie on a slab style. When whites school on top you can race them and make a walk-the-dog type of presentation on top. It really gets their attention good, then when they go down you drop to the bottom and stay with them.
I would have gone some today, but it is looking like rain again. If it slacks up a while I'm thinking I can get Karen to take me to the state park pier and I can fish for crappie and cats untill I'm too tired, about 1 to 2 hours is all I can handle right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
A couple of thoughts.

Was that a mug shot? If not, it should have been. :wink:

You can buy an accessory that will allow you to hook your GPS up to your boat battery. I used to have one for my handheld Garmin that, I think, costs about $20. Beats the heck out of worrying about those little batteries. What kind of GPS do you have? If it's a Garmin, I think I still have my adapter, and I'll let you have it.

·
Registered
14,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jim, but it's a Magellean. I have/had an adapter but it's on vacation in the land of the lost.
Ha ha, Karen asked me if it was a mug shot and I said Yeah, it is. My original intentions were to post a report like it was a crime scene, and that beauty for mug photo, I may get one of me doing the perp walk with the game warden.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts