2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife took me out to lunch today. We went to Thai Cottage II in Sugarland.
I ordered the ginger chicken. Well, I like my food spicy. I ask the waiter how they determine how hot the food is spiced/seasoned. He tells me it's 0 to 5. I ask is the 5 real hot and he shakes his head a little bit as he grins, not looking me in the eye. Being the smart man I am, I tell him " make my heat a 5".

I highly recommend the food at Thai Cottage, both my dish, as well as my wife's pad thai was delicious.

Lesson learned: Ice cream doesnt always work when mother nature calls to rid you of the heat.

And, I fell like I've been violated. My wife says I scream like a girl, and she could hear me across the house.

Kelly

·
Getting shallower means chewing mud
1,643 Posts
FOTFLMAO!!!!!

Where in S-land is that? My in-laws are down there and I'd like to "burn" them if I could. :p

·
Member..Whats wrong with my member
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's on Sweetwater at Lexington, in the Kroger strip center off Hwy 59. Since they busted up the Sweetwater overpass, you have to go Hwy 6, then west on Lexington, then a right on Sweetwater. Look to your left and you'll see it.

If ya go for lunch, go between 1100 and 1130, or after 1230. Gets purty busy.
If you want to burn 'em, go with the "5". I was drenched when I got out of there, but dayum was it good.

Kelly

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
lol

reminds me of a 2cool friend who bought me lunch a few months back. My first sushi experience. Aubrey laughed as I said whats this stuff in this cup? David said, "aww, its good try some. Never ever ever eat wasabi by itself. lol My nose still burns. lol I still owe you a lunch David.

Z

·
See ya on the flats!
1,838 Posts
I feel your pain! Had the same experience there, but it wasn't a waiter/waitress that set me up for the pain...it was a friend that works at a bank. He asked me if I'd ever had Thai food before. I told him that I hadn't, but would be game to try it. He knows I like spicy food, so he said that he would take care of it. He brought back some chicken dish, with some type of orange colored sauce all over it. Needless to say I wasn't about to be outdone so I finished my plate, sweated alot, and then thought about the aftermath problems!!! The next time I worked the bank he told me that I had the 5, but that he always gets the 3!! No more #5 Thai food for daddy...that's for sure!!!

Late,
Cox

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Yep, ya gotta be careful with the heat! Good as it tastes you always need to exercise control or you pay for it later...BIG TIME. The worst I've hurt myself lately is on Badhabit's crawfish. I knew I was killing nerve endings but they are so dang delicious that I just couldn't stop. My face was numb for about 24 hours after but it was well worth it and I look forward to doing it again next time I get the chance.

·
Salty Dawg
7,718 Posts
Lol

********* said:
reminds me of a 2cool friend who bought me lunch a few months back. My first sushi experience. Aubrey laughed as I said whats this stuff in this cup? David said, "aww, its good try some. Never ever ever eat wasabi by itself. lol My nose still burns. lol I still owe you a lunch David.

Z
LOL that's funny. This is my cousin after doing the exact same thing at my wedding reception.

Attachments

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
kdubya, way too much information on your bathroom habits.

GB, That Japanese guacamole is rough stuff isn't it?

I munch jalepenos like they're candy, and Habanero Tobasco sauce is mildly spicy to me. But one time, I said I'd eat something called a devil roll if my project team hit a certain deadline. 8 hours later I was burning at the still burning at the top, but the middle and bottom were burning as well. That was the most miserable night of my life.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts